Jewish Highlights Excursion
Adults/Children Price from
163/133 USD pp
- See the highlights of the Hermitage collection
- Visit the Grand Choral Synagogue and learn about Jewish community in St. Petersburg
- Admire baroque interiors and the unique Amber room in Catherine Palace
- Explore the Jewish section of the Russian Museum of Etnography
- Learn about Jewish Heritage and visit a Jewish community center
According to the Russian legislation a licensed tour operator has the right to arrange visa-free tours for cruise passengers arriving to St. Petersburg port. TJ Travel is an officially registered tour operator authorized to issue blanket visas. You will receive your free visas (tour tickets) to you email address once you book a shore excursion with us. Please ignore warnings from your cruise ship company indicating that only a cruise ship company is allowed to operate visa-free tours in St. Petersburg. Warnings/notification of that kind don’t have legitimate basis.
To participate in our tours you must print out blanket visas received via email from us and bring it along with your passports on the day of your tour. Blanket visas and your passports should be presented to an immigration officer on duty during disembarkation in St. Petersburg.
All private tours for 2020 require a 20% prepayment after January 1st. The deposit is non-refundable in case you cancel in less than 72 hours before the start time of the tour. Please note that theatre, folk show and train tickets are non-refundable. There are no refunds for no-show.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. All payments are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; payments are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted.
- Please ensure to make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance, and the bookings sent in less than 4 days prior to arrival will be rejected.
- Please note that in case Catherine palace and the Hermitage museums are overcrowded, museum authorities may limit the entrance which cause an extra waiting time – up to 45 min.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 30 USD off the tour price. Students must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
Meeting by the ship (please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time)
The guide of this tour will be either of Jewish origin or closely connected with the Jewish community.
8:30 am - 10:00 am
City tour of St Petersburg
During this tour you will learn a lot about the life of Jewish community in St Petersburg in present and in the past.
11:00 am - 12.30 pm
Guided tour of the Upper Gardens and Lower Fountain Park
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Lunch (expenses not included)
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Driving to Pushkin city with a stop near Holocaust monument in the center of the town
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Driving to the city. A visit to a subway station and a Russian Food market
Return to the ship or evening optional program (theatre / folk show / boat trip)
Meeting by the ship. Payment for the tour. Shopping
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Inside guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (Early admission)
In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot). Winter Palace Staterooms. Italian High Renaissance art, Rembrandt's paintings, etc.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Lunch (expenses not included)
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm
The Jewish section at the Russian Museum of Ethnography where you can learn about history and culture of the Jewish people on the territory of Russia
Return to the ship
*The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
- Admission to all the museums in the program
- Professional guide for 2 days
- A/C vehicle (Mercedes or VW) with driver for 2 days
- Photo/video permit at the museums
- Subway visit
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- One bottle of water per person per day
- Headsets for groups of 5+
Price doesn’t include:
- Lunches. It's recommended to add lunch if your group is 8 people+. The additional cost is $20 per person per 1 lunch/ or $30 per person per 1 lunch in an upscale restaurant
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost).
|The number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20|
|Price in USD p/p||850||560||460||360||340||310||300||290||275||260||250||240||230||225||217||210||209||208||206||204|
|The number of people||21||22||23||24||25||26||27||28||29||30||31||32||33||34||35||36||37||38||39||40+|
|Price in USD p/p||202||200||198||195||193||191||189||187||185||183||181||179||177||175||173||171||169||167||165||163|