upon your request
During this three day program you will get to know:
- Present and past history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- The Romanov dynasty (facts and anecdotes)
- Shutichi - fountains in Peterhof, which are an amusement for each child of any age!
- The Knights’ room in the Hermitage. It will be like an unforgettable "trip to the past" for your small children!
- Interesting facts about the main city thoroughfare – Nevsky Prospekt.
- All about Matrioshka-dolls, you will have a chance to paint one and take it with you as a souvenir
- The art-cat-space that is inhabited with “republicans” – cute cats of different kinds who are the real hosts of Cats’ Republic Museum.
|9:00 am||Meeting at the ship (please, note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time)|
|9:00 am - 12:30 pm||City orientation drive with a visit to the Church on the Spilled Blood, Peter and Paul Fortress. Guided city-tour which includes the most famous and beautiful places of St Petersburg with introduction to the history of the city, riddles and fascinating stories about Egyptian Sphinxes, Bank Bridge, Nevsky Prospekt and other interesting places|
|1:00 pm - 2:30 pm||Cat’s Republic Café. guided tour in the Cats’ Republic museum + light tea party in Art Café that is inside the museum (you can choose a la carte option, or we can organize a group tea party for the private tour in advance)|
|3:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Strolling along Nevsky Prospekt. (shopping \ museum of Chocolate)|
|5:00 pm||Return to the ship or optional evening program (theatre / folk show / boat trip)|
|9:30 am||Meeting by the ship. Payment for the tour. Shopping|
|10:00 am - 10:30 am||Hydrofoil to Peterhof|
|10:30 am - 12.00 pm||Guided tour of the Peterhof Upper gardens and Fountain park, Schutichi Fountains|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||Traditional Russian lunch (optional)|
|1:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Drive to Tsars’ Village|
|2:00 pm - 3:30 pm||Guided tour of Catherine Palace with the Amber Room|
|3:30 pm - 4:30 pm||Drive back to the city|
|4:30 pm||Return to the ship|
|9:00 am||Meeting with your guide|
|9:45 am||Arrival to a place where the master-class of matrioshka painting starts: you and your children will be accompanied by your caring English speaking guide who will translate the lesson of matrioshka-painting led by the professional painters. These painters will share some secrets of matrioshka-painting with you and help you and your kids to paint your own Matrioshka-dolls or even the whole family of matrioshkas. And, of course, it is possible to take these own masterpieces with you and keep as a wonderful memory of your trip to Russia!|
|10:00 am - 11:30 am||Matrioshka-painting lesson|
|11:30 am - 12:00 pm||Short tea-party and taking photos|
|12:00 pm - 12:30 pm||Free time for shopping|
|1:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Lunch (optional)|
|2:30 pm - 4:30 pm||Hermitage Museum, Visit of Knights’ Room|
|5:00 pm||Return to the ship|
- Admission fees to all museums in the program, hydrofoil ride
- Guide’s services for 3 days
- Driver’s services for 3 days (Comfortable car [Mercedes]/ minivan with A/C)
- Photo and video permissions at the museums
- Blanket visas
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Head sets for the groups of 10 and up
- One bottle of water per person per day
Price doesn’t include:
- Cost of lunches
- We will be happy to customize a tour for you upon your request. Please, let us know about your preferences, age of your children and your interests and we will find the most suitable option for you!
- If you travel with children up to 6 years old, you don’t have to pay for them- the tour for them will be free of charge
- Children/Students from 7 years old receive discount of $50 US for the tour. Students must have an ISIC card. Please, let us know about students in your group in advance so that we can reserve the right tickets for them.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
- If the hydrofoil ride is cancelled due to the unfavorable weather conditions it is not refunded: we use our van instead to get to/from Peterhof
- The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museums days-off, traffic situation in the city. Museums also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice, but you will still visit all the venues listed on the itinerary.