“Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial” Semi-Private Tour
96/87 USD pp
|08:00 am||Meeting by the ship (outside the port area).
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
|08:00 – 10:00 am||Driving time from the port to a rest-stop just outside of Berlin on shared bus transportation
The tour starts with a shared bus transfer from Warnemünde or Rostock port to Berlin.
|10:00/10:30 am||Arrival at the rest-stop. Pick up by a private car with a personal driver-guide
At the rest-stop after a 2-hour scenic ride you will meet your own professional driver-guide. Here you get in a private, comfortable vehicle with A/C, and your private tour begins.
|11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Arrival at the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial. Guided tour and free time at the Memorial
Here your driver-guide will introduce you to the tragic and horrifying history of this symbolic place.
|1:30 am||Arrival in Berlin, free time for lunch
Once you arrive to the city, you have a 30-minute break for a quick lunch (lunch is not included in the tour cost).
|2:30 – 3:30 pm||Tour of the historic heart of the city including Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Unter den Linden, Bebel Platz, Book Burning Square, Neue Wache and Museum Island|
|3:30 – 5:00 pm||Drive down to the Berlin Wall, the Topography of Terror and Checkpoint Charlie
If time permits, your guide may also show you some parts of the former West Berlin. For example, see KaDeWe shopping center, Kurfrstendamm, Bellevue and Charlottenburg Palaces, as well as the bombed out Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.
|5:00 pm||Your guide brings you back to the shared bus, which will be driving back to the Warnemünde/Rostock port|
|5:00 - 8:00 pm||Drive back to the ship with a restroom stop on the way
During this fascinating semi-private tour cruise ship passengers have a unique opportunity to visit Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial.
During this one day program...
The tour starts with a shared bus transfer from Warnemünde or Rostock port to Berlin. At the rest-stop after a 2-hour scenic ride you will meet your own professional driver-guide. Here you get in a private, comfortable vehicle with A/C, and your private tour begins.
First you will visit Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial, where your driver-guide will introduce you to the tragic and horrifying history of this symbolic place. Following this 1.5-hour visit you proceed to Berlin.
Once you arrive to the city, you have a 30-minute break for a quick lunch (lunch is not included in the tour cost). Then you will enjoy the main highlights of Berlin: the German parliament, the Reichstag the Brandenburg Gate, Pariser Platz, the Tiergarten, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews and Hitler's bunker. After this, continue to the South part of the city and see Potsdamer Platz, the remains of the Berlin Wall, as well as the former Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo - Topography of Terror, and Checkpoint Charlie, that used to divide the western and eastern parts of Berlin during the Cold War.You will also get to know the classic part of Berlin, that includes Gendarmen markt, the BebelPlatz, Unter den Linden, Humboldt University, Museum Island and other sights.
If time permits, your guide may also show you some parts of the former West Berlin. For example, see KaDeWe shopping center, Kurfrstendamm, Bellevue and Charlottenburg Palaces, as well as the bombed out Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. At the end of the day you will have a shared bus ride back to the port.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price in USD per person||1076||538||359||269||243||230||219||191||170||153||139||128||118||109||102||96|
- 2 h Shared Transfer from the port to Berlin in an A/C vehicle
- 6-7 h Private excursion of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial and Berlin
- 3 h Shared Transfer from Berlin to the port in an A/C vehicle
- English-speaking driver-guide for 6-7 hours
Price doesn't include:
- Entrance fees(none are required during this tour)
Visa and Policies
- Visas or tour tickets are not required to disembark in Berlin as Germany is part of the Schengen Area.
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation up to 1 week prior. Later – no refund
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- According to the German legislation children up to 3 y.o. are obligated to have a child seat. The extra charge for the seat is 60 EUR.
Availability and Notes
- For groups 6 people+ this tour is available only upon request.
- Please, wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather
- Please, note that the transportation from/to the port to/from Berlin is non-private.
- Please, note that no guide service is provided for the transfers to/from Berlin.
- Please, bring some Euros for toilet stops and lunch. If you don’t have Euros, please ask your tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM. Please, be aware that US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
Tips and Discounts:
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% USD off the tour price.
- Gratuities are not included in the tour price. Recommended Tips: 10% of the tour price