“Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial” Semi-Private Tour
Adults/Children price from
96/87 USD pp
- Drive around the city center of Berlin and see the best highlights
- Learn about the horrors of war at the SachsenhausenConcentration Camp
- Explore the heart of the city on foot and seethe iconic Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate
- Uncover the history of the city’s separation for eastern and western Berlin
- Find out that Berlin has more canals thanany other city in the world
- Shared Transport by A/C vehicle
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, Reichstag, Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, Hitler’s Bunker, Holocaust Memorial Potsdamer Platz, Museum Island, Unter den Linden, etc.
Inside visits of
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Warnemünde /Rostock.
- A 20% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 7 days prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 7 days prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- For groups 6 people+ this tour is available only upon request.
- Please, note that the transportation from/to the port to/from Berlin is non-private.
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- According to the German legislation children up to 3 y.o. are obligated to have a child seat. The extra charge for the seat is 60 EUR.
- The route of the tour and time spent in Berlin/ Sachsenhausen is subject to your ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances beyond our control. We will not be able to provide a refund if the duration of the tour has to be amended in any of the above circumstances.
- Please, bring some Euros for toilet stops and lunch. If you don’t have Euros, please ask your tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM. Please, be aware that US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
The meeting point is located after the immigration control. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
00:00 - 02:00
Driving time from the port to a rest-stop just outside of Berlin on shared bus transportation
The tour starts with a shared bus transfer from Warnemünde or Rostock port to Berlin.
Arrival at the rest-stop. Pick up by a private car with a personal driver-guide
At the rest-stop after a 2-hour scenic ride you will meet your own professional driver-guide. Here you get in a private, comfortable vehicle with A/C, and your private tour begins.
03:00 - 04:30
Arrival at the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial..
Guided tour and free time at the Memorial. Here your driver-guide will introduce you to the tragic and horrifying history of this symbolic place.
05:30 - 06:30
Arrival in Berlin, free time for lunch (not included)
Once you arrive to the city, you have a 30-minute break for a quick lunch (lunch is not included in the tour cost
06:30 - 07:30
Tour of the historic heart of the city including Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Unter den Linden, Bebel Platz, Book Burning Square, Neue Wache and Museum Island
07:30 - 09:00
Drive down to the Berlin Wall, the Topography of Terror and Checkpoint Charlie
If time permits, your guide may also show you some parts of the former West Berlin. For example, see KaDeWe shopping center, Kurfrstendamm, Bellevue and Charlottenburg Palaces, as well as the bombed out Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.
Your guide brings you back to the shared bus, which will be driving back to the Warnemünde/Rostock port
09:00 - 12:00
Drive back to the ship with a restroom stop on the way
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- 2 h Shared transfer from the port to Berlin in an A/C vehicle
- 6-7 h Private excursion of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial and Berlin
- 3 h Shared Transfer from Berlin to the port in an A/C vehicle
- English-speaking driver-guide for 6-7 hours
Price doesn’t include:
- Guide assistance on the way to and from Berlin
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost).
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price in USD per person||1076||538||359||269||243||230||219||191||170||153||139||128||118||109||102||96|