Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
120/108 USD pp
up to 30 pax
IMPORTANT: This tour is only available as a group/public tour from selected cruise ships. Please, contact us for more details
During this one day program...
This tour combines the Best of Berlin trip with a short visit to one of Germany's concentration camps - Sachsenhausen, built on the northern periphery of Berlin.
You will be met in the port by one of our assistants and board our modern air-conditioned bus for a 2.5-h drive through the German countryside. Once you are at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp you will be met by your tour guide who will give you a quick overview of the history and share some dramatic events which happened here. After spending about 45 minutes at the Memorial, you will be back on the bus to continue your trip to the city center of Berlin.
Once you reach Berlin you will have a 30 minute break and be able to purchase a quick lunch. After finishing your lunch you will explore the government quarter including the Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate, the German parliament, the Tiergarten, Parisier Platz, Hitler's bunker and the Memorial to the Murdered Jews. From there you will drive south through Potsdamer Platz to observe the remains of the Berlin Wall as well as Checkpoint Charlie, the former Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo. Afterwards you will head up Friedrichstrasse to the very heart of the German capital which includes Babel Platz, Humboldt University, Gendarmenmarkt, the book burning square, Unter den Linden, the Neue Wache, former Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Museum Island and the former Royal Palace of Berlin which is currently under reconstruction.
If time allows the guide may show you a few sites in the former West Berlin, including Kurfürstendamm, the KaDeWe shopping center, as well as the Charlottenburg Palaces and the Bellevue.
The price is $120 per person if you book a St Petersburg tour with us!*
- Departure from the port, 2.5 hr drive (without toilet stops) to the Concentration Camp Memorial
- Short visit to the Memorial (approx. 45 minutes)
- 1 h drive to Berlin
- 4.5 h in Berlin
- 3 h trip back to the port
- Modern, air-conditioned bus for 12 hours
- English speaking driver-guide for 6 hours in Berlin & Sachsenhausen
- Donation entrance fee to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
Price doesn’t include:
- Guide assistance on the way to and from Berlin (the guide joins in Sachsenhausen)
- Gratuities are welcomed if you enjoyed the tour. Recommended: 10EUR per person for the guide, 5EUR per person for the driver
*The regular price for the group tour is $140 per person.
- This tour gives you a general idea about the Concentration Camp Memorial and Berlin city, for a more in depth tour please inquire about our private tour options
- Our first stop with a possibility to buy food will be in Berlin. Due to limited time there will be just a short stop to buy a snack or a sandwich
- Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages and for lunch. If you do not have EUR with you please ask our tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM. US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
- Your bus driver may not speak English, in case of any questions please call our emergency number +49 176 322 67 204
- The route of the tour and time spent in Berlin is subject to ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances out of our control. Please note that we will not be able to provide a refund if the touring time has to be shortened because of any of the above.
- According to the German legislation children up to 3 y.o. are obligated to have a child seat. The extra charge for the seat is 60EUR.