Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
120/108 USD pp*
up to 30 pax
This tour is only available as a group/public tour from selected cruise ships. Please, contact us for more details
- Drive around the city center of Berlin and see the best highlights
- Learn about the horrors of war at the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Explore the heart of the city on foot and see the iconic Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate
- Uncover the history of the city’s separation for eastern and western Berlin
- Find out that Berlin has more canals than any other city in the world
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, Reichstag, Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, Hitler’s Bunker, Holocaust Memorial Potsdamer Platz, Museum Island, Unter den Linden, et
Inside visits of
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Warnemünde /Rostock.
- Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships
- This tour gives you a general idea about the Concentration Camp Memorial and Berlin city, for a more in depth tour please inquire about our private tour options
- The tour includes a moderate amount of walking (approx 1-1,5 hours at the Memorial plus additional few stops in Berlin)
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- According to the German legislation children up to 3 y.o. are obligated to have a child seat. The extra charge for the seat is 60 EUR.
- Headsets during the shared tours of Berlin are provided for 20+ people.
- Our first stop with a possibility to buy food will be in Berlin. Due to limited time there will be just a short stop to buy a snack or a sandwich. We recommend you bring some drinks and snacks with you onto the bus.
- The route of the tour and time spent in Berlin is subject to your ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances beyond our control. We will not be able to provide a refund if the duration of the tour has to be amended in any of the above circumstances.
- Please, bring some Euros for toilet stops and lunch. If you don’t have Euros, please ask your tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM. Please, be aware that US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- If you are late and do not contact us, the bus will be unable to wait for you. In such cases we will not be able to provide a refund.
The meeting point is located after the immigration control. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Recommended tips: 10 USD to your tour guide, 5 USD to your driver
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
00:00 - 03:00
A scenic ride from the port to the Berlin through the beautiful flatlands of former East Germany to the Charlottenburg Palace in Berlin.
You will be met in the port by one of our assistants and board our modern air-conditioned bus for a 3-h drive through the German countryside.
03:00 - 05:30
Meet your professional guide and continue to the city center to see the main historical sites of Berlin, such as the Reichstag and the Memorial to the Murdered Jews.
Among the highlights also are the well-known Brandenburg Gate and, of course, the remains of the Berlin Wall and Checkpoint Charlie, the former Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo. You may have a chance to visit the 19th century Museum Island, if there’s enough time.
05:30 - 06:00
Free time for a quick lunch
06:00 - 07:00
Drive to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
07:00 - 08:30
A short guided visit to the Memorial
Once you are at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp your guide will give you a quick overview of the history and share some dramatic events which happened here.
08:30 - 12:00
Drive back to the ship with a restroom stop on the way
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
*The special price is available when you book a St. Petersburg tour with us. The regular price of the tour is $140 per person.
- Transportation in an A/C vehicle for 12 hours
- English speaking driver-guide for 6 hours in Berlin & Sachsenhausen
- Donation entrance fee to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- Headsets for the groups of 20 and up
Price doesn’t include:
- Guide assistance on the way to and from Berlin (the guide joins in Sachsenhausen)
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost).