Berlin Walking Shore Excursion
115/104 USD pp
During this one day program...
Embark on the semi-private tour to Berlin and enjoy a walking excursion in the heart of the German capital with a private tour guide. The excursion starts with a shared bus transportation to Berlin. Upon arrival you will be greeted by your personal guide at the Charlottenburg Palace. Here you will get an introduction to the city’s history and proceed with a stroll towards the closest metro station to take a train to the city center. From Hauptbahnhof you will go for a walk to the Reichstag. From there you will head to the prominent Brandenburg gate and the modern Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Your tour will continue to Tiergarten, the Victory column, a Soviet memorial and the Paris Square.
The next site on the itinerary is Hitler’s bunker followed by Potsdamer Platz and one of the remaining parts of the Berlin Wall. The nearby Headquaters of the SS and Gestapo is another site that reminds about the horrors of the WWII. The next landmark on the way is the Checkpoint Charlie which used to divide the western and eastern parts of Berlin during the period of the Cold War.
After having a lunch break (lunch is not included in the tour cost) you will head through the former Soviet sector to see the magnificent Gendarmenmarkt and Bebelplatzalso known as the ‘Nazi Book Burning Square’. The tour won’t be complete without seeing the former Royal quarters – the famous boulevard Unter den Linden, Museum Island and the Berlin Cathedral.
After the end of the city tour you will get back to the Charlottenburg Palace by using the efficient subway system. And from there you will be picked up by the same bus to head back to the port to reach your cruise ship.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Price in USD per person||691||346||230||173||138||115|
- Shared Transfer Warnemunde(Rostock)-Berlin-Warnemunde(Rostock) in an A/C vehicle: 6-7 hours
- Private walking tour in Berlin for 5-5.5 hours with a personal guide
- Languages included in the tour cost: EN/ES/PT/DE. Other languages at a 125 USD surcharge
Price doesn't include:
- Entrance fees(none are required during this tour)
Visa and Policies
- Visas or tour tickets are not required to disembark in Berlin as Germany is part of the Schengen Area.
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation up to 1 week prior. Later – no refund
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- According to the German legislation children up to 3 y.o. are obligated to have a child seat. The extra charge for the seat is 60 EUR.
Availability and Notes
- The tour is available for up to 6 people upon request. For bigger groups please consider other excursions.
- Please, wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather
- Please, note that the transportation from/to the port to/from Berlin is non-private.
- Please, note that no guide service is provided for the transfers to/from Berlin.
- Please, bring some Euros for toilet stops and lunch. If you don’t have Euros, please ask your tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM. Please, be aware that US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
Tips and Discounts:
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% USD off the tour price.
- Gratuities are not included in the tour price. Recommended Tips: 10% of the tour price