Best of Amsterdam Shore Excursion
Adults/Children Price from
22/20 USD pp
- See the historic area of De Wallen, the red-light district in Amsterdam
- Stop at the Weighing House to hear about the Rembrant’s first masterpiece
- Walk along Amsterdam canals and see the finest canal houses
- Learn about the tallest nation in the world and their «addictions»
- Find out why Amsterdammers don’t use curtains
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: De Wallen (Red-light district), Weighing House, Kloveniersburgwal, Amsterdam Museum, Spui, Canal Belt, etc.
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Amsterdam
- A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to Amsterdam. In Amsterdam you can pay the balance only in cash;
- If you prefer to pay by credit card for this tour, the full advanced payment is required.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- This excursion includes a walking tour. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
- The maximum group size is 20 people
The meeting point is located in the cruise terminal building. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
9:00 am - 12.30 pm
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
9:00 – 9:45 am
Stop in front of Old Church, and hear the story of the Miracle of Amsterdam
9:45 – 10:00 am
Stop in front of De Waag (Weighing House) and learn about Rembrandt's first masterpiece
10:00 – 10:15 am
Stroll through picturesque Kloveniersburgwal (canal and street) - learn about tilting houses.
10:15 – 10:30 am
Walk through Groenburgwal and Staalstraat
10:30 – 10:50 am
Option to stop at Droog - contemporary Dutch design store, with lovely cafe. Optional coffee break
10:50 – 11:10 am
Stop at Amsterdam Museum and learn about how Napoleon changed peoples' names
11:10 – 11:30 am
Visit the fabled Spui - site of the 1960's counter-cultural revolution.
11:30 am – 11:50 am
Enter the Canal Belt - the three large canals that semi-circle and feature its finest canal houses.
11:50 am - 12:00 pm
Stroll through the Nine Streets - Amsterdam's chic area of boutique stores and cafes.
End tour. You can stay in the city or walk back to the cruise terminal
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- English speaking guide for 3 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Pick up at the cruise terminal
Price doesn’t include:
- Lunch and refreshments
- Drop off in the port
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost)
The tour begins at the edge of Amsterdam's most historic area, De Wallen. Dating to the 1200s, you'll explore little lane and cobble-stone alleys and stop at the fabled Old Church where the events behind the miracle of Amsterdam will be explained. As you walk, you might also notice that your are in the Red Light District - and you're guide will tastefully explain the District is casually incorporated into a regular part of Amsterdam city centre.
After that you'll pass by the old Weighing House, where Rembrandt painted his first masterpiece, and move into the Waterloolpein area. Along the way, Amsterdam's famous slanting houses will be explained as well as some stories about notable past citizens.
Next up, you'll visit the outside of the Amsterdam Museum and be able to admire the many old gable stones displayed on its exterior wall. Then onto the fabled Canal Belt where your guide will explain all about Amsterdam's canals - big and small, and your tour will end up in the trendy Nine Streets area which is known for its chic cafes and fashion stores.
You also have the option to stop off for beer or coffee (not included) at a classic Amsterdam establishment.
|Number of people in the group||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price in USD p/p)||264||132||88||66||53||44||38||36||34||33||31||28||26||25||24||22|