Best of Gdansk Shore Excursion
80/72 USD pp*
- Visit Oliwa Cathedral to see the stunning baroque organ with secret mechanisms
- See the Westerplatte peninsula where World War II started
- Walk along the main street and enjoy colorful buildings of the Old Town
- Admire at the largest brick church in Europe - St. Mary’s Cathedral
- Learn about a shining stone that brought fame to Gdansk
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time
- Top Attractions: Oliwa cathedral (inside visit), Solidarity Square, Old Town, St. Mary´s Basilica, Westerplatte memorial, Long Market street, etc.
Inside visits of
- Oliwa Cathedral
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Gdynia (Gdansk)
- Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full prepayment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships.
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- If you are late and do not contact us, the bus will be unable to wait for you. In such cases we will not be able to provide a refund.
- A visit to the Oliwa cathedral cannot be guaranteed due to occasional religious services and other private events.
- You will be able to see the interiors of St. Mary´s Basilica in your free time.
The meeting point is located outside the cruise port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Recommended tips: 6 EUR to your tour guide, 3 EUR to your driver
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Meeting at the port of Gdynia. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
9:30 - 10:00 am
Visit to Oliwa Cathedral on the way to Gdansk
10:00 - 10:45 am
Drive to Gdansk with a photo stop at Solidarity Monument
10:45 am - 12:05 pm
Walking tour in the Old Town
12:05 - 12:50 pm
Free time for shopping
12:50 - 2:00 pm
Return transfer to the cruise port in Gdynia
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
*The special price is available when you book a St. Petersburg tour with us. The regular price of the tour is $115 per person.
- English speaking guide for 5 hours;
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 5 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
- Visit to Oliwa Cathedral
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
You will start your tour with a Port of Gdynia which is a wonderful gateway to a historical treasure - the city of Gdansk in Northern Poland.
Gdansk Highlights Tour with an Old Town walking tour is designed to bring out the best of a medieval townships fascinating past and world changing development into a modern seaside harbor today.
On the way to Gdansk we will enjoy a wonderful stop at the Oliwa cathedral. Celebrated for its famous baroque organ of 5100 pipes and 23 historic altars, the basilica and stunning interior are exquisite.
A city once nearly destroyed, invites us today discover this cradle of freedom so beautifully renovated. The city of Gdansk is home to two of the most important sites in the 20th century history. We will enjoy a photo stop overlooking the island where World War II started, a shipyard where Cold War erupted and pay homage to the rise of freedom at the Solidarity Square.
We will take an enjoyable stroll through the main streets in order to take in the city´s gorgeous architectural waltz. The magnificent Old Town quarterboasts red brick churches and colorful mansions covered with elaborate décor that once used to residents of Polish monarchs. From the Golden Gate to the Green Gate, there are numerous amber and jewelry boutiques to browse after we have seen the facades of Town Hall and the world’s largest brick church - St. Mary´s Basilica (only from outside)**. We will also not miss the symbol of the old quarters, the impressive structure of medieval port crane. Despite a modern facade, the impressive heritage of Gdansk has not left the city.
After walking tour you have some free time for shopping and coffee break in the Old Town before taking the journey back to cruise port.