Best of Gdansk with Malmbork Castle Tour
Adults/Children price from
85/77 USD pp
- Discover the magnificent Malmbork Castle, the largest brick castle in the world
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour in Gdansk with the best of medieval old town sights
- Immerse yourself in the relaxed everyday atmosphere of Gdansk
- Learn the tragic history of the Old Town
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time
- Top Attractions: Malmbork Castle, Nogart River, Solidarity Square, Old Town, St. Mary´s Basilica, Neptune Fountain, Golden Gate, etc.
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Gdynia (Gdansk)
- A 20% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
The meeting point is located outside the cruise port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Meeting at the port of Gdynia. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
10:30- 11:45 am
Guided Tour of Malmbork Castle and grounds
11:45 am - 12:45 pm
Free time for lunch
12:45 -1:45 pm
Drive to Gdansk
1:45 - 3:00 pm
Old Town Walking Tour
3:00 - 4:00 pm
Return transfer to the cruise port in Gdynia
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- English speaking guide for 7 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 7 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
- Entrance tickets and guided tour of Malmbork Castle
- Old Town Walking Tour
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
Departing from port of Gdynia, we will enjoy an introductory countryside drive towards the largest brick castle in the world located by the Nogart River, once named by the Teutonic Order as Mary´s Castle (Malmbork Castle). This grandiose structure built in the 15th century by the Order of German monks and knights with a powerful position at the Baltic Sea strikes with its immense size upon arrival. Power essentially meant wealth as this elaborate castle today is proof of the significance of this medieval trading post for the Teutonic Order.
Despite the uncertain days of turmoil during the 20th century, today we are able to tour a wonderfully renovated complex once destroyed in the war. Within these grand gothic halls and twisting towers it is easy to imagine righteous knights battling for their king’s honor.
Thereafter we will return towards Gdansk on a picturesque drive past quaint country villages to experience a 1000-year-old town and it´s medieval heart by the scenic Vistula River.
We will experience the past and present-day Poland with photo stops at the symbols of Solidarity movement and see the striking waterfront leading us towards the charming old town streets. During the old town walking tour we will revel in the beauty of St.Mary´s Basilica, Long Market, the Golden Gate and the Neptune Fountain while discovering the dramatic history of Gdansk culminating in its near destruction during World War II and its subsequent restoration.
Our day of discoveries comes to an end with a return transfer to port in Gdynia.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person (USD)||854||433||313||238||193||177||163||145||130||118||109||101||94||88||87||85|