Best of Helsinki Shore Excursion
60/54 USD pp*
up to 26 pax
- Discover the capital of the happiest country in the world
- Learn about the land of green forests and a thousand lakes
- Enjoy brilliant acoustics inside the unique Rock Church
- Taste local food from cloudberry to Finnish salmon soup at the Market Square
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time in the Old Town (time permitting)
- Top Attractions: Rock Church, Senate Square, Uspenski Cathedral, City Hall, Helsinki Cathedral, Sibelius Monument, Market Square
Inside visits of
- Rock Church
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Helsinki.
- Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- A visit to the Rock Church cannot be guaranteed due to occasional religious services and other private events.
The meeting point is located outside the port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Recommended tips: 10 USD to your tour guide, 5 USD to your driver
08:30 am - 12:30 pm
Meeting by the ship (outside the port area). The exact start time will be adjusted to your cruise ship’s arrival
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time.
09:00 am - 12:10 pm
City tour with photo-stops
Helsinki sightseeing tour includes stops at the top attractions: Rock Church, Sibelius monument. A short walking tour along the main shopping street of Esplanade, Senate & Market.
12:10 pm - 12:40 pm
Free time on Market Square & Senate Square
12:40 pm - 1.00 pm
Panoramic drive back to the harbor
If wished, you may stay in the downtown and take a taxi from there back to the ship
This comprehensive Helsinki highlights tour reflects the many sides of Helsinki. From the scenic seaside views to the cutting-edge architecture of the city center, each of them unique and special.
Our tour starts from the port as we are taking a panoramic drive along the Esplanadi Street draped in trees and flowers towards the famous Mannerheim Boulevard passing by the Presidential Palace, National Museum, Opera House, Finlandia Concert Hall and the Parliament Building.
There will also be a great photo opportunity at Sibelius Park, a famous Helsinki sight. The Sibelius Monument consisting of hundreds of steel pipes was erected to honor the great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, who helped Finland to develop its national identity during its struggle for independence. Following the Sibelius Park we will see the historic Olympic Stadium where the 1952 Summer Olympics were held.
Thereafter we are going to pay a visit the exceptional venue of Rock Church. This unique church is a highlight for most visitors to Helsinki and is considered to be one of the Europe’s most interesting house of worship. Carved out of solid bedrock from the side of a mountain, the church hall is topped by a remarkable copper dome. The interior is beautifully bathed in natural light entering through the glazed dome and used frequently as a concert venue due to its excellent acoustics.
We will also pass by the largest orthodox church in Western Europe, the Uspensky Cathedral, Market Square and the heart of the Finnish capital city- Helsinki Central Railway Station, clad in Finnish granite with its distinguishing feature as the clock tower.
The divine female statue we will see on Helsinki’s main square is called Havis Amanda. This fountain and figurine ensemble is loved ever so dearly by the Finns, that year on year it's nominated as the most beautiful piece of artwork in the Finnish capital city. This is also where we will enjoy some free time for trying local delicacies at the nearby seaside Market Square.
The tour of exploring Helsinki ends with a transfer back to the cruise port.
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
*The special price is available when you book a St. Petersburg tour with us. The regular price of the tour is $85 per person.
- Professional English speaking guide for 4 hours
- Transportation in an A/C vehicle for 4 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the harbor
- Admission to the Rock Church
- Headsets for the groups of 16 and up
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)