Best of Klaipeda Shore Excursion
65/59 USD pp*
up to 16 pax
- See the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy fascinating sand-dunes and 19th century fishing settlements
- Visit the Mizgiriai Amber gallery and learn the history of the Baltic amber
- Have a brief introduction to the best highlights of Klaipeda
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Curonian Spit, Seaside resort of Juodkrante, Grey Dunes, Pardinis Dune,Nida, Mizgiriai Amber Gallery, Theatre Square, Drama theatre etc.
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Klaipeda
- Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full prepayment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships.
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
- This excursion includes a walking tour. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- If you are late and do not contact us, the bus will be unable to wait for you. In such cases we will not be able to provide a refund.
Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Recommended tips: 5 EUR to your tour guide, 3 EUR to your driver
7:30 - 10:30 am
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
9:40 – 10:00 am
Sightseeing in Juodkrante
10:15 – 11:15 am
Walking on Grey dunes
12:00 – 1:30 pm
excursion in Nida, visiting Mizgiriai Amber gallery and Parnidis dune
2:30 – 3:00 pm
Short excursion in Klaipeda
Return to the ship
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
*The special price is available when you book a St. Petersburg tour with us. The regular price of the tour is $90 per person.
- English speaking guide for 6 hours;
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
- Return ferry tickets to Curonian Spit
- Curonian Spit ecology fee
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
You'll see a unique national park of the Curonian Spit protected by UNESCO. The Curonian Spit is an elongated peninsula dividing the Baltic Sea coast from the Curonian Lagoon. The position of the spit and its terrain is a perfect creation of nature. This small piece of land is often called the bridge for birds. Millions of birds fly over this place each year on their migration route from the Baltic states to Southern Europe. More than 100 species of birds nest here. The tour starts with visit of one of the oldest settlements, the seaside resort of Juodkrante famous for its stone sculptures and magnificent Amber Bay.
The next stop on our way is the Grey Dunes. Dunes occupy the most part of the Curonian Spit. This is unusual area of lawny sand hills with vegetable blanket and wind-blown dunes which impress everyone who comes here. In the small town of Nida you'll see one of the highest dunes in Europe – Pardinis Dune, over 50 meters high! Nida is a charming city with traditional fishermen houses and wooden villas. This place is a famous resort with a beautiful sand beach. In the same town you will visit the Mizgiriai Amber Gallery where you'll get to know everything about amber and see some unique amber pieces. At the end of the tour you will have a photo-stop in the heart of the Old Town of Klaipeda - Theatre Square with Drama theatre. Your ship is only a 20- minute walk from this place, so you’ll be able to stay in the city and explore it on your own.