Best of Tallinn Shore Excursion
45/41 USD pp
up to 16 pax
|08:30 am||Meeting by the ship (outside the port area).
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time.
|8:30 - 8:45 am||Panoramic transfer to Toompea, Upper old town|
|8:45 - 11:30 am||Upper & Lower Old Town walking tour|
|11:30 am - 1:30 pm||Free time|
|1:30 - 1:45 pm||Return transfer to port|
During this program...
You will be met by your guide right outside of cruise port gate, and the bus transfer takes you to Upper Old Town. During this 15 minute drive you can admire beautiful parks surrounding Old Town and have a look to the 13th century medievalToompea Castle standing high above the ground at Toompea hill.
Our walking tour starts from Upper Old Town. You will see the Estonian Parliament and make a visit to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. You will stroll through the narrow cobble-stoned lanes to meet the oldest church in Tallinn – Dome Church (Virgin Mary Cathedral) and experience the magnificent panoramic views from Kohtuotsa Viewing Platform.
From Upper Old Town, you will descend to much livelier Lower Old Town. There you will see gothic style merchant houses and the Town Wall with its beautiful towers, St Nickolas Church and Holy Ghost Church. The tour continues to the historical city center – Town Hall Square where the 15th century Town Hall and one the oldest pharmacies in the world can be seen.
Walk through St Catherine’s Passage and admire the private studios of the local artists. The tour ends at the Viru Gate and after that, you will have 2 hours of free time to have lunch and to do some shopping. At the scheduled time, the bus will take you back from the city center to the port.
The price is $45 per person if you book a St Petersburg tour with us!*
- English speaking guide for 3 hrs
- Transfer from the harbor in the morning and to the harbor at the end of the tour
- Guided walking tour in the Old Town of Tallinn for 3 hrs + 2 hrs of free time
Price does not include:
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Tallinn.
- Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that the tour starts on time. The maximum waiting time is 15 minutes after the designated meeting time indicated on your confirmation letter.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
The meeting point is located outside the port area.Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
- Have a comprehensive guided tour of the Tallinn Old Town
- Hear fascinating stories and legends of the medieval town
- See beautiful panoramic views opening from Upper Old Town
- Have a brief stop at the Kalev Marzipan Shop
- Return transfers to/from the Old Town
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time for 2 hrs
- Top Attractions: Toompea Hill, Estonian Parliament , Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Dome Church, Holy Ghost Church, St. Nicholas Church, Town Hall, Town Hall Square, St.Catherine´s Passage, Town Wall, Viru Gate, etc.