210/180 USD pp
Maximum Group Size
up to 16 pax
medium to high
During this two day program you will get to know:
- Present and past history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- The Romanov dynasty (facts and anecdotes)
- St Petersburg as the cultural capital of Russia and the Soviet Union
- Soviet Regime: Lenin and Stalin
- Modern life in Russia and St Petersburg: transportation, housing, educational system, health care system, family life – don’t hesitate to ask any questions
- Fascinating stories about tzars’ residences
|8:30 am||Meeting by the ship. (Please note: the time of the beginning of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time) City tour includes driving and photo stops in the most beautiful, historical places of St Petersburg. Photo stop near St Isaac’s cathedral.|
|10:00 am - 10:30 am||Travel to Peterhof by hydrofoil|
|10:30 am - 12:00 pm||Guided tour of the Upper gardens and Lower Fountain Park. "Trick" fountains|
|12:00 pm - 1:00pm||Return to the city|
|1:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Lunch (expenses not included)|
|2:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Boat ride along the rivers and canals|
|3:30 pm - 4:30 pm||"Shadow Museum" is a unique art space. Here you can learn more about St. Petersburg and its history through unusual art objects. If you want to boost your creativity and see ordinary everyday items under a new angle, this is a place to visit!|
|5:00 pm||Return to the ship or evening optional program (theatre/folk show/boat trip)|
|9:00 am||Meeting by the ship. Payment for the tour|
|9:00 am - 10:00 am||Subway tour. Food market|
|10:00 am - 12:30 pm||Guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (early admission). Winter Palace Staterooms. Italian High Renaissance art, Rembrandt's paintings, the collection of Dutch and Flemish masters etc. In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot.|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch (expenses not included)|
|1:30 pm - 2:00 pm||Inside guided tour of the Church of the Spilt Blood
|2:30 pm - 3:30 pm||Inside guided tour of the Grand Maket (scale model (1:87) of Russia covering the
country on 800 square meters of permanent interactive exhibition)
|4:30 pm||Return to the ship|
*The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
The price of the tour is 210 USD per adult and 175 USD per child. Maximum group size is 16. Please note it’s not available from some ships.
- Admission fees to all museums in the program (including the early entrance to the Hermitage)
- Guide’s services for 2 days
- Driver’s services for 2 days (Comfortable car(Mercedes or VW)/minivan with A/C)
- A permit for photo/video at the museums per person
- Metro ride
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- Bottled water
- Head sets for the group of 10 and more
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips for guide (10% of the tour cost) and driver (5% of the tour cost)
- If the hydrofoil ride is cancelled due to the unfavorable weather conditions it is not refunded: we use our van instead to get to/from Peterhof
- The tour is free for children up to 6 y.o. Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/Students get 30 USD off the tour price. Students must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason.
- The tour is available from the ships staying in St. Petersburg for two days and is subject to availability.
- It's not possible to mix the days from different 2-day group tours
- Please, ensure that you make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance and late bookings sent in less than 4 days will be rejected.