Dutch Countryside & Windmills Tour
Adults/Children Price from
129/117 USD pp
- Explore the charming (and low-lying!) polders lying to the north of Amsterdam.
- Walk through a picturesque old Dutch town of Monnickendam
- Visit a Dutch a family farm producing dairy, tulips, and potatoes
- Have a picnic lunch at an original windmill from 1600s
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional tour guide-driver
- Top Attractions: Monnickendam, Beemster Polder, picnic at the windmill, Zuiderzee (the largest lake in Western Europe) etc.
Inside visits of
- Dutch family farm
- Original and working windmill from the 1600s
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Amsterdam
- A 20% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to Amsterdam. In Amsterdam you can pay the balance only in cash;
- If you prefer to pay by credit card for this tour, the full advanced payment is required.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
The meeting point is located in the cruise terminal building. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
9:00 am - 12.30 pm
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
9.00 - 10.00 am
Drive through the very scenic backroads of Waterland.
Stop at the edge of the largest lake in Western Europe, and driver explains the eternal Dutch battle with water. Pass through three tiny rural villages.
10.00 - 11.30 am
Guided tour through the unspoiled harbour town of Monnickendam
You’ll amble its history-lined streets, and take in the beautiful Golden Age architecture, including a bell-tower that has famously been out of tune since the 1590s! Option to stop at a lovely local cafe for coffee and Dutch apple pie. Visit a lovely deli* to pick up supplies for a picnic lunch later at the windmill. (Except Sundays. Other lunch options will be available).
11.30 am - 12.00 pm
Drive to Beemster Polder, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
12.00 - 12.30 pm
Explore Dutch family farm (dairy, potatoes, tulips - tulips only in season in late April or May)
Their milk goes to the most famous of all Dutch cheesemakers, Beemster (named after the region). The farmers sometimes come and chat – though that’s not guaranteed as it’s a working farm!
12.30 - 1.15 pm
Drive to working original windmill from 1600s, and enjoy a guided tour bringing you all the way inside and to the top of the building
1.15 - 2.00 pm
Enjoy a picnic lunch at the windmill. Indoor and outdoor seating available
2.00 - 3.35 pm
Drive back to Amsterdam.
3.35 - 4.00 pm
Return to the ship
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- English speaking professional tour guide-driver up to 8 pax; other languages upon request
- For groups of 9 people+ there will be a separate guide and driver
- Entrance fee to the Windmill
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
Price doesn’t include:
- €5 - €7 coffee and Dutch apple pie,
- €5 - €15 - Picnic lunch* (depending on what people buy, a nice ham and cheese sandwich is just €4 - wine is available at the deli we go to)
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
* The picnic lunch option is not available on Sundays. The sit-down lunch place on Sundays is about €7-15 pp (depending on your choice)
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person (USD)||911||459||308||242||195||164||141||135||173||156||142||139||137||135||132||129|