Helsinki Highlights & Seurasaari Open-Air Museum Island
Adults/Children Price from
100/90 USD pp
- Explore Helsinki highlights during sightseeing tour
- Walk on the Seurasaari island and see rural buildings dating from the 1600's up to 1900's
- Admire the incredible structure of the Rock Church hewn from pure rock.
- Enjoy your free time at the Market Square and taste famous Finnish salmon soup.
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Walking along the main shopping street - Esplanade
- Top Attractions: Rock Church, Senate Square, Helsinki Cathedral, Sibelius Monument, Market Square, Seurasaari open-air museum
Inside visits of
- Rock Church
- Seurasaari open-air museum
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Helsinki.
- A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for the tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- This tour operates from May 15 until Sep 15
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- A visit to the Rock Church cannot be guaranteed due to occasional religious services and other private events.
The meeting point is located outside the port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Recommended tips: 10% of the tour cost
08:30 am - 12:30 pm
Meeting by the ship (outside the port area). The exact start time will be adjusted to your cruise ship’s arrival
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time.
09:00 am - 11.15 am
Helsinki sightseeing tour with stops at the Rock Church and the Sibelius Monument..
Short walking tour along the main shopping street of Esplanade, Market & Senate Square
11:15 am - 12:00 pm
Free time at the Market Square. Coffee break and shopping
12:00 pm - 1:40 pm
Driving to Seurasaari, guided tour of the open-air museum
1:40 pm - 2:00 pm
Panoramic seaside drive back to cruise port (if wished, you can stay in the city center)
*Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- Professional guide for 5 hours
- Transportation in an A/C vehicle for 5 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the harbor
- Admission to the Rock Church, the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
Tour the best of Helsinki in from modern design metropolis and architecture followed by a walk in the Seurasaari Open-Air museum island, filled with lovely nature and Finnish traditional history.
The Finnish capital city boasts a typically Nordic atmosphere, inviting and welcoming to explore scenic seaside panoramas and it´s more modern architecture as well as seasonal products at the market.
We will start our day by taking an enjoyable bus ride through the city center, Central Station and the main boulevards of the city. We will get to admire the Finlandia Hall, Kiasma Art Museum by an American architect and the Parliament Building all wonderfully placed along the main road. Thereafter, we will enjoy photo stops at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium and Sibelius Park & monument dedicated to a legendary Finnish composer Jean Sibelius. The striking hollow steel pipes of the edgy monument were meant capture the essence of his music often described as a volcanic and masterful.
Before taking some time to enjoy some season treats on a break at the Market Square, we will pay a visit to a unique church set entirely in bedrock. The Rock Church is striking in its simplicity.
We will now make our way past the grand Senate Square crowned by the elegant white towers of the Lutheran Cathedral towards the Market Square and symbol of Helsinki, the bronze statue of a female in the middle of the seaside boulevard. Here we will relish in some free time for indulging in the variety of fresh local produce on the market, from smoked salmon steaks to wild blueberries, depending on the season. Adding to the delightful seaside charm is the Havis Amanda mermaid statue, also known as just “Manta” for the locals.
After a short drive, the unique tranquility and beautifully laid out traditional cottages welcome us at Seurasaari open-air museum. You immediately get a sense of times gone by and visiting the original farm structure inside and out is a gratifying experience. The open-air museum on this lovely island gives us an opportunity to learn a bit of Finnish history, as to the Finns' way of life and where they used to live.
Our day of exploring Helsinki comes to an end with a scenic drive back to the cruise port.
Number of people
Price per person, USD
Price in USD per person on weekends and holidays