Northern Zealand & Hamlet’s Castle Tour
Adults/Children price from
157/142 USD pp
- Visit a former royal palace of Kronborg castle, the setting of Shakespeare's Hamlet
- Enjoy the surroundings and inside tour of Frederiksborg Renaissance Castle
- Admire the beautiful countryside and hear fascinating stories about Danish royalty
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time
- Top Attractions: Town of Hillerod, Kronborg Castle (Hamlet Castle), Frederiksborg Castle, etc.
Inside visits of
- Kronborg Castle
- Frederiksborg Castle
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Copenhagen
- A 20% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Extra fee of 50 EUR is applied if the tour starts before 8.00 am
- This 6-hour tour is suitable when there is additional time in Copenhagen and you can spend time on your own before or after the tour. If you have only 1 day in Copenhagen and you do not want to miss the highlights of Copenhagen you can choose our - 4 hour Best of Copenhagen tour as a more suitable choice.
The meeting point is located outside the port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.) / students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
09:00 am - 1:30 pm
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Drive from Copenhagen to Kronborg Castle
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Guided tour of Kronborg Castle
11:00 am - 11:30 am
Drive to Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød
11:30 am - 1:50 pm
Guided tour of Frederiksborg Castle, free time for lunch/ shopping
1:50 pm - 3:00 pm
Return to Copenhagen/ cruise port
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- English-speaking guide for 6 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off in in the port
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
You will take a scenic drive out of the city area through idyllic countryside and woodlands. The typically Nordic coastline is a relaxing sight leading us closer to the legendary Kronborg Castle. The grounds at Kronborg are located strategically and stunningly right on the narrowest point, where a stretch of water separates Sweden from Denmark. This has been a location of many tax disputes for entering to the Baltic Sea in the past, as well as a fountain of intrigue as a setting of Shakespeare’s tragedy Hamlet (Hamlet Castle). Hard to tell, if King Hamlets spirit has left the premises for good, but the charm of the olden days is definitely still recognizable in every aspect of the fortress.
Once back on the bus, it will take us through some countryside lanes to another stunning masterpiece of its time, the Frederiksborg Castle. This is an equally important cultural and historical center in the town of Hillerod, where we will also take pleasure in reserving some time for lunch after the visits. An extended break next door to the castle will also allow you to take in the ample greenery and playful water ensembles on the grounds.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person (USD)***||1651||840||617||470||381||338||314||279||251||229||210||195||182||171||165||157|