“OFF the BEATEN TRACK” TOUR
174/144 USD pp
During this two day program
you will get to know:
- Learn all about Soviet Heritage and Soviet history
- Try original pishki at one of the oldest Soviet café
- Hear interesting facts about most famous pollical leaders: Stalin, Lenin Khrushchev, Yeltsin
- Find out more about creative and personal life of Dostoevsky
- See modern Russian art
- Walk through “well-yards” and learn more about everyday life in Russia
Inside visits of:
- Museum of Political history
- Monument To Heroic Defenders of Leningrad.
- Erarta gallery
- Dostoevsky apartment.
As well as:
- Subway ride
- Soviet café
|9.00 am||Meeting with your guide. Introduction tour with a stop near the Aurora ship – symbol of October revolution|
|10.00-11.30 am||The Museum of Political history. This fascinating museum offers a unique opportunity to get up close and personal with an amazing and complicated political history of our country.|
|12.00-13.00||The Soviet café on Bol. Konushennaya (one of the oldest cafes where you can try pishki - ring doughnuts dusted with powdered sugar)|
|13.30-14.00||Stroll among Stalinist-era buildings – the Moscow square|
|14.15-15.30||Victory square + Monument To Heroic Defenders of Leningrad. You will visit the underground memorial hall with the Siege exhibition.|
|17.00||Return to your hotel/cruise ship|
|9.30 am||Meeting with your guide|
|10.00-11.30||Erarta gallery. The museum of modern art houses the collection of Soviet art as well as modern Russian artists|
|13.00-14.30||Dostoevsky apartment. Here you will know more about one of the most well known Russian writer and his prominent works|
|14.30-15.30||Walking tour with the visit of the typical St. Petersburg «well courtyards». This part of the tour will show you the way people live and their modern lifestyle.|
|16.00||Return to your hotel/cruise ship|
Please note, that the sequence of the tour can be changed by your guide because of the traffic and museum days-off
|No. of People||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20|
|Price in USD pp||830||530||410||330||310||265||250||240||235||228||215||208||200||191||185||180||179||178||176||174|
- Admission fees to all museums in the program (including the early entrance to the Hermitage), boat ride
- Guide’s services for 2 days
- Driver’s services for 2 days (Comfortable car [Mercedes]/ minivan with A/C)
- Photo and video permissions at the museums
- Blanket visas
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Headsets for the groups of 10 and up
- One bottle of water per person per day
Price doesn’t include:
- Cost of lunches. It's recommended to add lunch if your group is 8 people+. The additional cost is $20 per person per 1 lunch/ or $30 per person per 1 lunch in an upscale restaurant
- If you travel with children up to 6 years old, you don’t have to pay for them - the tour for them will be free of charge.
- The tour is free for children up to 6 y.o. Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/Students get 30 USD off the tour price. Students must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
- The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museums days-off, traffic situation in the city. Museums also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice, but you will still visit all the venues listed on the itinerary.
- Please, ensure that you make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance and late bookings sent in less than 4 days will be rejected.