Old Tallinn Walking Tour
Adults/Children Price from
15/14 USD pp
- See the Town Hall square with the oldest functioning farmacy in the world
- Listen to your guide stories about the oldest houses in Tallinn including the great Guild Hall
- Enjoy magnificent views over Lower Old Town from Toompea Hill
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Toompea Hill, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Dome Church, Holy Ghost Church, St. Nicholas Church, Town Hall, Town Hall Square, St.Catherine´s Passage, Town Wall, Viru Gate, etc.
Inside visits of
- Museum visits can be added upon request
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Tallinn.
- A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
The meeting point is located outside the port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
08:30 – 11:30 am
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
8:30 am - 11:30 am
A stroll to the medieval Old Town. Walking tour
You will see the best sights of Tallinn Old Town. Your guide will share stories and legends about the best preserved medieval town in Northern Europe.
Your guide will meet you right outside of cruise port gate and after a brief meet-and-greet continue with a stroll towards Old Town. In a few minutes you will reach the charming site of Fat Margaret Tower welcoming you into the medieval town walls. We will admire the beautiful Three Sisters townhouse and St. Olaf Church before making your way up one of the most important historic trade streets of hanseatic Tallinn. You will also hear enchanting legends of the Brotherhood of the Blackheads and the Great Guild members when passing their windows on the way. Past the deliciously sweet Marzipan Museum Room, we will make our way towards the Upper Old Town. An area known for its noble heritage and legends is today the home of Estonian Parliament, Prime Ministers Offices and boasts two striking churches, the Dome and Alexander Nevsky Cathedrals.
You will stroll through the narrow cobbled streets towards a magnificent panoramic view from the upper town viewing platforms. Thereafter, you will descend to a much livelier Lower Old Town. The stunning highlights of this part of the tour include gothic style merchant houses, Town Wall with its beautiful towers, St. Nicholas and Holy Ghost Churches. The tour continues to the historical city center – Town Hall Square where the 15th century Town Hall and one the oldest pharmacies in the world can still be seen.
A walk through St. Catherine’s Passage allows you to admire the private studios of the local artists and masters of various crafts from felting to jewelry making. Your tour ends at the Viru Gates and you are welcome to enjoy exploring on your own with a few recommendations of your guide to point you towards best lunch and shopping venues.
- Professional guide for 3 hours;
- Guided walking tour in the Old Town
- Pick up in the port
Price doesn’t include:
- Drop off in the port
- Tips (recommended tips: 10% of the tour cost)
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person, USD||197||99||69||52||42||37||34||30||27||24||22||20||19||17||16||15|