Old Town Tallinn with Kadriorg Palace & Pirita
55/50 USD pp
|08:30 am||Meeting by the ship (outside the port area).
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time.
|8:30 - 11:30 am||Transfer to Old Town.
Walking Tour in Upper and Lower Old Town plus 20 minutes of free time
|11:30 am - 12:00 pm||Free time for shopping in Lower Old Town|
|12:00 - 1:30 pm||City tour in the city center and Kadriorg-Pirita district ending back at the cruise port Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary|
This tour is designed for people who prefer the maximum from a tour including remarkable views to interesting facts. The route covers Tallinn Old Town and the most fascinating places in the suburbs and outskirts of the city.
During this program...
You will be picked up by your guide straight from the cruise port (the guide will meet you right outside of cruise port gate), by private car/bus and be taken to Upper Old Town to see St. Olav’s Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the Houses of Parliament and magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill.
The old city with its romantic cobblestone streets, charming red roofs, and ancient looking but well-tended houses is considered the best-preserved old town in Northern Europe. The Lower Old Town with its daily routine reminds of the old times; this place is bustling with people who are searching for the best deals among numerous street stalls. Your tour guide will give you the best advice for the most authentic souvenirs. There is also some time reserved for a shopping break in the wonderful Masters Courtyard or St. Catherines Passage where you can enjoy the skills of local artisans.
The best landmarks of the Old Town walk include the fortified Town Wall with many towers, the Town Hall and one of the oldest continuously functioning pharmacies in the world. Our friendly and well-informed guide can provide you with so much more than just the tour info – feel free to inquire all about everyday life and the most exciting details about Tallinn and Estonia.
The second part of the tour will enable a broader view of Tallinn. The panoramic drive will include the most interesting sights and amazingly beautiful places by the Pirita-Kadriorg seaside area. You will see the baroque style Kadriorg Art Museum and gardens, built by Peter the Great for his wife Catherine I, current Presidential Palace, modern and fashionable KUMU Estonian Art Museum, Song Festival Grounds and St Bridget’s Convent Ruins, Olympic Village.
The tour ends back in the harbor, where you can comfortably board your ship.
*Please, note that tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person, USD||557||283||205||155||130||124||107||95||90||85||80||75||70||65||60||55|
- English speaking guide for 5 hours;
- Transportation in an A/C vehicle for 5 hours
- Guided walking tour in the Old Town of Tallinn for 3 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the harbor
Price doesn’t include:
- Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Tallinn.
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Tallinn.
- A 20% deposit must be paid 30 days prior to the day of your tour. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg. The payment must be made at least 30 days prior to your tour date;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
The meeting point is located outside the port area.Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
- Enjoy a charming medieval atmosphere of Tallinn Old Town
- Walk in the Kadriorg park with and admire the Swan Pond and flower gardens
- Stop at the Song Festival Grounds and take in beautiful views around
- Take great pictures from Old Town viewing platforms
- See the best highlights of the Upper and Lower Town
- Transport by A/C vehicle
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time
- Top Attractions: Toompea Hill, Estonian Parliament , Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Dome Church, Town Hall and Town Hall Square,Kadriorg Park & Palace, Presidential Palace, Song Festival Grounds, etc
Inside visits of
- Museum visits can be added upon request