Palanga Botanical Garden and Klaipeda Old Town
Adults/Children Price from
50/45 USD pp
- Enjoy a trip to Palanga with the marvelous Botanical Garden
- Walk along a lively promenade in Palanga and take in the local flavor
- Explore Klaipeda Old Town and see its unusual statues
- Hear fascinating legends from the past
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Old Town of Klaipeda, Palanga, Botanical Garden, Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Theatre Square, Drama theatre, etc.
Inside visits of
- Amber museum in Palanga
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Klaipeda
- A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
7:30 – 10:30 am
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
08:00 – 08:30 am
Transfer to Palanga
08:30 – 12:00 am
Guided excursion in Palanga
12:00 – 1:00 pm
Lunch or free time
1:00 – 1:30 pm
Transfer to Klaipeda
1:30 – 2:00 pm
Introduction to Klaipeda Old Town and transfer to the cruise ship
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
This tour is a combination of a walking tour in the Old Town of Klaipeda and a trip to Palanga, one of the best-known resorts in the country with the gorgeous Botanical Garden. The Botanical Garden surrounds the former noble estate that was turned into the Amber museum in the 20th century. It’s a widely known fact that amber is mostly mined in this region near the Baltic Sea, and therefore it’s the best spot to get comprehensive information on this shining stone. The display shows different types and forms of amber, the way it’s formed and its usage in various industries today.
After a visit to the museum, you’ll enjoy a stroll along Basanavičius street, a lively promenade with lots of cafes and restaurants. On your tour, you’ll visit the Neo-Gothic Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary with a spectacular pulpit and a skillfully made marble altar decorated with wooden bas-reliefs. During your free time, you can test your luck and try to find a piece of amber while strolling along the Baltic coast.
Upon your return to Klaipeda, you will explore the Old Town and see its most famous statues, including "Ann from Tharaw", "the cat with the face of a gentleman", discover "the mysterious mouse" and the rooftop chimney sweeper. Old legends and stories of the Old Town will enliven your tour. At the very end of your walking tour, your guide will share some clues on where to sample traditional Lithuanian dishes or buy souvenirs.
- Englsh speaking guide for 6 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
- Entrance tickets to the Amber museum in Palanga;
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person in USD||339||170||113||105