Best of Gdansk Shore Excursion
Adults/Children price from
66/60 USD pp
- Visit Oliwa Cathedral to see the stunning baroque organ with secret mechanisms
- See the Westerplatte peninsula where World War II started
- Walk along the main street and enjoy colorful buildings of the Old Town
- Admire at the largest brick church in Europe - St. Mary’s Cathedral
- Learn about a shining stone that brought fame to Gdansk
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time
- Top Attractions: Oliwa cathedral (inside visit), Solidarity Square, Old Town, St. Mary´s Basilica, Westerplatte memorial, Long Market street, etc.
Inside visits of
- Oliwa Cathedral
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Gdynia (Gdansk)
- A 20% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
- A visit to the Oliwa cathedral cannot be guaranteed due to occasional religious services and other private events.
The meeting point is located outside the cruise port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Meeting at the port of Gdynia. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
9:30 - 10:00 am
Visit to Oliwa Cathedral on the way to Gdansk
10:00 - 10:45 am
Drive to Gdansk with a photo stop at Solidarity Monument
10:45 am - 12:05 pm
Walking tour in the Old Town
12:05 - 12:50 pm
Free time for shopping
12:50 - 2:00 pm
Return transfer to the cruise port in Gdynia
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- English speaking guide for 5 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 5 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
- Visit to Oliwa Cathedral
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
You will start your tour with a Port of Gdynia which is a wonderful gateway to a historical treasure - the city of Gdansk in Northern Poland.
Gdansk Highlights Tour with an Old Town walking tour is designed to bring out the best of a medieval townships fascinating past and world changing development into a modern seaside harbor today.
On the way to Gdansk we will enjoy a wonderful stop at the Oliwa cathedral. Celebrated for its famous baroque organ of 5100 pipes and 23 historic altars, the basilica and stunning interior are exquisite.
A city once nearly destroyed, invites us today discover this cradle of freedom so beautifully renovated. The city of Gdansk is home to two of the most important sites in the 20th century history. We will enjoy a photo stop overlooking the island where World War II started, a shipyard where Cold War erupted and pay homage to the rise of freedom at the Solidarity Square.
We will take an enjoyable stroll through the main streets in order to take in the city´s gorgeous architectural waltz. The magnificent Old Town quarterboasts red brick churches and colorful mansions covered with elaborate décor that once used to residents of Polish monarchs. From the Golden Gate to the Green Gate, there are numerous amber and jewelry boutiques to browse after we have seen the facades of Town Hall and the world’s largest brick church - St. Mary´s Basilica (only from outside)**. We will also not miss the symbol of the old quarters, the impressive structure of medieval port crane. Despite a modern facade, the impressive heritage of Gdansk has not left the city.
After walking tour you have some free time for shopping and coffee break in the Old Town before taking the journey back to cruise port.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person (USD)||628||316||228||172||138||128||111||97||87||78||76||74||72||70||68||66|