Premium Saint Petersburg Private Tour
Adults/Children Price from
226/196 USD pp
- Admire the unique Amber Room at Catherine Palace andmarvel at mosaics of the Church on the Spilled Blood
- Look inside the world-famous Hermitage Museum/Winter Palace and learn the history of the Russian tsars
- We provide headsets for groups of 5 people and up to make sure you always hear your guide
- No hidden costs!
- Blanket visa (tour ticket)
- Professional tour guide
- Transport by A/C coach
- Entrance tickets for museums with inside visits
- Subway visit
- Shared boat ride
According to the Russian legislation a licensed tour operator has the right to arrange visa-free tours for cruise passengers arriving to St. Petersburg port. TJ Travel is an officially registered tour operator authorized to issue blanket visas. You will receive your free blanket visas (tour tickets) through email once you book a shore excursion with us. Please ignore warnings from your cruise ship company indicating that only a cruise ship company is allowed to run visa-free tours in St. Petersburg. Warnings/notifications of that kind don’t have any legitimate basis.
Please note you must print your blanket visas received via email from TJ Travel and bring it along with your passports each day of your tour. Blanket visas and your passports should be presented to an immigration officer on duty during disembarkation/embarkation in St. Petersburg.
All private tours for 2020 require a 20% prepayment after January 1st. The deposit is non-refundable in case you cancel in less than 72 hours before the start time of the tour. Please note that theatre, folk show and train tickets are non-refundable. There are no refunds for no-show.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. All payments are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; payments are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of a no-show, no refund is granted.
- Please ensure to make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance, and the bookings sent in less than 4 days prior to arrival will be rejected.
- Please note that in case the Hermitage museums is overcrowded, museum authorities may limit the entrance which cause an extra waiting time – up to 30 min.
Tips and Discounts
- Children under 7 y.o. are free of charge. Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 30 USD off the tour price. Students of 18+ must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
Meeting by the ship (please note the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship’s arrival time)
8:30 am – 9:30 am
See the most famous landmarks including: Admiralty, Neva river, Menshikov Palace, Sphinx at the Academy of Fine Arts, Bronze Horseman, English Embankment, Wedding Registration Palace №1, etc.
10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Guided walking tour of Peterhof Fountain Park
Enjoy your visit to one of the most splendid royal gardens in Europe, and admire stunning panoramic views. This garden featuring one the largest fountain cascades in Europe stretches along the cost of the Baltic Sea. Peterhof is also famous for the profusion of intricate fountains and park pavilions coming into view while you stroll through the park.
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Lunch (expenses are not included)
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Drive to Tsars’ Village
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Guided tour of Catherine Palace with the Amber Room
Catherine Palace is a magnet for tourists from all over the world. The predominant gilded décor of the state rooms makes each interior brighter and lighter. You will see it clearly when you get to the Great Hall where mirrors reflect all the opulence around. This extravagant baroque style was also used for the decoration of the Amber Hall that took almost a century to complete.
3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Drive back to the city. Subway visit
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Guided tour of St. Isaaс’s Cathedral
This is one of the largest cathedrals in the world that can be compared with St. Peter’s Сathedral in Rome or St. Paul’s Сathedral in London. The giant monolith columns at the entrance will lead you to the gorgeous sky high interior of the church that can accommodate up to 14000 people. The iconstand attracts attention by lavish decorations with a magical stained glass image of Jesus Christ in the middle.
5:15 pm – 5:45 pm
Guided tour of the Church on Spilled Blood
This church stands out by authentic style and complexity of mosaic decorations that cover its inner space. Once you get inside you will hear a tragic history of its creation and some fascinating stories about different utilization purposes of the church during Soviet times.
Return to the ship or optional evening program
Meeting by the ship
7:30 am – 8:30 am
Continuation of the city tour
The tour will proceed with panoramic sightseeing and photo-stops at historical sights of St. Petersburg.
8:30 am – 9:30 am
Shared Boat ride along the rivers and canals
A boat ride is a great way to explore the city as you sail along beautiful canals and enjoy the views around. You will navigate under the famous draw bridges and see the finest mansions and palaces overlooking the waterways of Fountain and Moika rivers.
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (early admission)*
The Hermitage tour includes Winter Palace Staterooms, Italian High Renaissance art, Rembrandt's paintings, etc.
*In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot.
12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
Lunch (expenses are not included)
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Guided tour of Yusupov Palace
The palace belonged to one of the wealthiest families in the country before the revolution of 1917. You will enjoy eclectic palace interiors including the White Column Room, the Turkish Study and the ornate private theatre. The tour continues to the basement where Rasputin was killed in 1916. You will learn about Rasputin’s influence on the royal family, his enemies and the story of the mysterious murder.
3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
Guided tour of Peter and Paul Cathedral/Fortress
Step on the territory of the oldest construction in St. Petersburg and learn why it has never been destroyed or badly damaged. Peter&Paul Cathedral/Fortress, topped with an angel carrying a cross, is a symbol of St. Petersburg and the burial place of Russian tsars who ruled the country up to 1917. You will admire its decoration and the gilded iconstand during the inside tour.
Return to the ship
The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
- Admission to all the museums in the program
- Professional guide for 2 days
- A/C vehicle (Mercedes or VW) with driver for 2 days
- Photo/video permit at the museums (except for Yusupov Palace, camera pass is $3 pp, video pass is $6 pp)
- Subway visit
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- One bottle of water per person per day
- Shared Boat ride
- Headsets for groups of 5+
Price doesn’t include:
- Lunches. It's recommended to add lunch if your group is 8 people+. The additional cost is $20 per person per 1 lunch/ or $30 per person per 1 lunch in an upscale restaurant
- Photo and video permit at Yusupov Palace (camera pass is 3 USD per person, video pass is 6 USD per person)
- Tips (recommended tips for the guide: 10% of the tour cost, for the driver: 5% of the tour cost)
- One-way hydrofoil ride to Peterhof - 15 USD per person
|The number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20|
|Price in USD p/p||900||650||515||430||380||330||325||315||310||305||300||290||285||270||265||250||249||248||247||246|
|The number of people||21||22||23||24||25||26||27||28||29||30||31||32||33||34||35||36||37||38||39||40|
|Price in USD p/p||245||244||243||242||241||240||239||238||237||236||235||234||233||232||231||230||229||228||227||226|