210 USD pp
Up to 12 pax
During this two day program you will get to know:
- Present and past history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- The Romanov dynasty (facts and anecdotes)
- St Petersburg as the cultural capital of Russia and the Soviet Union
- Soviet Regime: Lenin and Stalin
- Modern life in Russia and St Petersburg: transportation, housing, educational system, health care system, family life – don’t hesitate to ask any questions
- Fascinating stories about tzars’ residence
Inside visits of:
- Fountain Park in Peterhof
- Catherine Palace with Amber Room
- Church on the Spilt Blood
- Hermitage Museum
As well as:
- Shared Boat ride
- One lunch included
|8:30 am||Meeting by the ship. (Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time).|
|8:30 am - 10:00 am||City tour includes driving and photo stops in the most beautiful, historical places of St. Petersburg.|
|10:00 am - 11:00 am||Driving to Peterhof|
|11:00 am - 12:30 pm||Guided tour of the Upper Gardens and Lower Fountain Park|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch (included)|
|1:30 pm - 2:30 pm||Driving to Pushkin city|
|2:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Inside guided tour of Catherine Palace with the Amber Room|
|4:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Driving to the city|
|5.00 pm||Return to the ship or optional evening program (theatre / folk show / boat trip)|
|7:30 am||Meeting by the ship.|
|7:30 am - 8:30 am||Continuation of the city tour, including the Spit of the Basil Island Michael’s Castle, Summer Gardens of Peter the Great, The State St Petersburg University, Academy of Fine Arts, The Russian Academy of Sciences Ancient Egyptian Sphinxes, the Monument of Peter the Great, Admiralty etc.|
|8:30 am - 9.30 am||Boat ride along rivers and canals. Going under the famous St. Petersburg drawbridges and seeing old palaces and mansions from the water is one of the most unique experiences that you can find in St. Petersburg|
|10:00 am - 12:15 pm||Inside guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (Early admission. In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot). Winter Palace Staterooms. Italian High Renaissance art, Rembrandt's paintings, the collection of Dutch and Flemish masters etc.|
|12:45 pm - 1:45 pm||Lunch (optional)|
|1:45 pm - 2:15 pm||Inside guided tour of the Church of the Spilt Blood|
|3:00 pm||Return to the ship|
*The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
**Van is not wheelchair accessible. If you are traveling on a mobility scooter please consider private options.
The price of the tour is 210 US dollars per person. Maximum group size is 16. Please note it’s not available from some cruise ships.
- Admission fees to all museums in the program, boat ride
- Early admission to the Hermitage Museum
- Guide’s services for 2 days
- Driver’s services for 2 day (comfortable car [Mercedes or VW]/ minivan with A/C)
- Photo and video permissions at the museums
- Blanket visas
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Headsets for the groups of 10 and up
- One bottle of water per person per day
- One lunch in traditional Russian style
Price doesn’t include:
- Cost of lunch on the second day
- Tips for guide (10% of the tour cost) and driver (5% of the tour cost)
- The tour is specially designed to avoid long walking distances. However, please be aware that it includes some walking in the Peterhof garden (1,5 h), Catherine palace (1.5 h) and the Hermitage museum (2 hrs). A wheelchair can be provided upon availability for free.
- If you are traveling with kids, please consider child-friendly excursions.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason.
- The tour is available from the ships staying in St. Petersburg for two days. If you would like to book one-day tour from the 2 or 3-day ship please contact us to get further details
- It's not possible to mix the days from different 2-day group tours
- Please, ensure that you make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance and late bookings sent in less than 4 days will be rejected.