Best of Riga Shore Excursion
Adults/Children Price from
47/43 USD pp
- Walk in the Old Town and see the ornate facades of medieval buildings
- Admire the historical city center with over 800 Art Nouveau buildings
- Learn about Latvian-born tailor who invented denim material used for the very first jeans!
- Find out the story of the black cat on a rooftop - the unofficial symbol of Riga
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time
- Top Attractions: Art Nouveau quarter, Riga Castle, House of Blackheads, Town Hall, Three Brothers house, University of Riga, Small and Great Guild, Daugava Riverbank, etc.
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Riga
- A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
The meeting point is located inside the cruise port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
8:30 am - 10:00 am
City tour. Art Nouveau district walking tour. Drive to the Old Town
10:00- 11:15 am
Walking tour in the Old Town
11:15 - 11:45 am
Free time for shopping
11:45 am - 12:15 pm
Continuation of the walking tour
12:15 - 12:30 pm
Return to the ship
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
- English speaking guide for 4 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle for 4 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the port
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
We will start the day with a delightful introduction to Latvian history and culture during an introductory city tour by bus. Your private tour guide is delighted to share stories of Riga´ s past and present with a few good twists of this Baltic nations character and charm. Some of the most significant sight on our way include the Opera House, Freedom Monument, the Bastion Hill, University of Riga and Daugava Riverbank.
An added enjoyment is the discovery of the opulent Art Nouveau quarter. Riga boasts a gift of more than 800 richly decorated facades from the period. We will walk around the most fascinating buildings designed in Art Nouveau style and take a good look at their elaborate architecture.
After the drive we will continue with a stroll back in time visiting the medieval old town of Riga on a lovely walking tour. The magic of olden days has not left the heart of town and we are able to revel in the beauty of lively area filled with cafes and restaurants.
The medley of cobbled streets will lead us on a journey filled with legends and local heritage. Proud to showcase the hanseatic period architecture with Small and Great Guild, Riga Cathedral and Dominican monastery as well as the Roland´s Statue, St. Jacob´s Church and Riga Castle.
Thereafter, continuing the tour we will see some of the best known Riga highlights, the House of Blackheads, Town Hall and the Three Brothers house, a complex of three oldest dwelling houses in the town.
We will also reserve some free time for individual exploring and a chance to enjoy a cup of coffee or indulge in the nearby shopping opportunities of local treats.
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person (USD)||488||244||176||132||110||106||91||79||71||64||58||55||53||51||49||47|