One Day Excursion
160/145 USD pp
up to 16 pax
- Admire the inimitable design of the Amber Hall inside Catherine Palace
- Enjoy glowing gilded statues, “trick” fountains, water cascades, flowers in the Lower Park of Peterhof
- Walk through historical halls of the Winter Palace and see the unique works of art in the Hermitage
- Blanket Visa (Tour Ticket)
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Peterhof (Lower Park), Catherine Palace, Hermitage, Church on the Spilled Blood, St Isaac’s Cathedral etc.
According to the Russian legislation a licensed tour operator has the right to arrange visa-free tours for cruise passengers arriving to St. Petersburg port. TJ Travel is an officially registered tour operator authorized to issue blanket visas. You will receive your free blanket visas (tour tickets) through email once you book a shore excursion with us. Please ignore warnings from your cruise ship company indicating that only a cruise ship company is allowed to operate visa-free tours in St. Petersburg. Warnings/notifications of that kind don’t have any legitimate basis.
To join our tours you must print out blanket visas received via email from TJ Travel and bring it along with your passports on the day of your tour. Blanket visas and your passports should be presented to an immigration officer on duty during disembarkation/embarkation in St. Petersburg.
Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay for your package (tour) in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. All payments are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; payments are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted.
- Available from selected cruise ships with a one-day stop in St. Petersburg. If your ship stays in the city for 2 or 3 days, please contact us to get further details.
- Not available from MSC Poesia and Meraviglia departing at 18:00. If you are traveling on one of these ships, please see our specially developed itinerary. Click here
- Please ensure to make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance, and the bookings sent in less than 4 days prior to arrival will be rejected.
- Not recommended for people with disabilities. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please consider taking a private tour.
- Not recommended for children under 7 y.o. as the tour is too active for this age group. If you are traveling with small children, please consider taking a private tour.
- The tour includes one lunch that will be in a local cafe or restaurant. Please let us know if you have any food restrictions.
- Please note that in case Catherine palace and the Hermitage museums are overcrowded, museum authorities may limit the entrance which cause an extra waiting time – up to 45 min.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 15 USD off the tour price. Students must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
Meeting at the ship (please, note the start time of the tour will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time)
City tour includes driving and photo stops in the most beautiful, historical places in St Petersburg..
You will see: Nevsky Prospekt, National Library, Kazan Cathedral, the Square of Arts, Michael’s Castle, Summer Gardens of Peter the Great, the Spit of Basil Island, The State St Petersburg University, the Monument of Peter the Great, Admiralty. Shopping, payment for the tour. Photo stop: Church on the Spilled Blood, St Isaac’s Cathedral
10:00 am - 11:45 am
Inside guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (Early admission)*
In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot). Winter Palace Staterooms. Italian High Renaissance art, Rembrandt's paintings, etc.
Drive to Peterhof
Stroll in the Peterhof Fountain Park
Drive to Pushkin
Guided tour of the Catherine Palace with the Amber Room*
Back to the city by car
Return to the ship
1. On Mondays the Hermitage is replaced with Yusupov palace. (Photo and video permissions at the Yusupov palace can be purchased on the spot, photo permission – 3 USD per person, video – 6 USD per person.)
2. On Tuesdays the Catherine palace is replaced with one of the smaller palaces in Peterhof (Monplaisir, Catherine Block etc).
*The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
- Admission to all the museums in the program (including early admission to the Hermitage Museum)
- Professional guide for 1 day
- A/C vehicle (Mercedes or VW) with driver for 1 day
- Photo/video permit at the museums
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- One bottle of water per person per day
- Headsets for groups of 5+
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips for guide (10% of the tour cost) and driver (5% of the tour cost)