One Day Excursion
160/145 USD pp
up to 16 pax
During this one day program
you will get to know:
- Present and past history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- The Romanov dynasty (facts and anecdotes)
- St Petersburg as the cultural capital of Russia and the Soviet Union
- Soviet Regime: Lenin and Stalin
- Modern life in Russia and St Petersburg: transportation, housing, educational system, health care system, family life – don’t hesitate to ask any questions
- Fascinating stories about tzars’ residence
ONE DAY EXCURSION
|8:30 am||Meeting at the ship (please, note the start time of the tour will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time)|
|8:30–10:00 am||City tour includes driving and photo stops in the most beautiful, historical places in St Petersburg. You will see: Nevsky prospect, National Library, Kazan Cathedral, the Square of Arts, Russian Museum, Ethnographical Museum, Michael’s Castle, Summer Gardens of Peter the Great, the log cabin of Peter the Great, the Spit of Basil Island, The State St Petersburg University, the Monument of Peter the Great, Admiralty, Theatre Square with the famous Mariinsky Theatre, St Nicholas Cathedral. Shopping, payment for the tour. Photo stop: Church on the Spilled Blood, St Isaac’s Cathedral|
|10:00–11:45 am||Guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (early admission)*. In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot|
|12:00–1:00 pm||Drive to Peterhof|
|1:00–2:00 pm||Lunch (included)
|2:00–3:00 pm||Stroll along the Fountain park|
|3:00–4:00 pm||Drive to Pushkin|
|4:00–5:30 pm||Guided tour of the Catherine Palace with the Amber Room*|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Back to the city by car|
1. On Mondays the Hermitage is replaced with Yusupov palace. (Photo and video permissions at the Yusupov palace can be purchased on the spot, photo permission – 3 USD per person, video – 6 USD per person.)
2. On Tuesdays the Catherine palace is replaced with one of the smaller palaces in Peterhof (Monplaisir, Catherine Block etc).
- Admission fees to all museums in the program
- Guide’s services for 1 day
- Driver’s services for 1 day (comfortable car (Mercedes or VW)/mini van with A/C)
- A permit for photo/video at the museums per couple
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- Bottled water
- Lunch expenses
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips for guide (10% of the tour cost) and driver (5% of the tour cost)
- Available from selected cruise ships with a one-day stop in St. Petersburg. If your ship stays for 2 or 3 days please contact us for further details.
- Not available from MSC Poesia and Meraviglia passengers arriving on Thursdays. If you are traveling on one of these ships please see our specially developed itinerary. Click here
- Please ensure to make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance; the bookings sent in less than 4 days prior to arrival will be rejected.
- Not accessible for people with mobility issues. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair, mobile scooter or a walking frame, please consider taking a private tour.
- Not recommended for children under 7 y.o. as the tour is too active for this age group.
Tips and Discounts:
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 15 USD off the tour price. Students over 17 y.o. must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!