Standard Saint Petersburg Private Tour
Adults/Children Price from
127/97 USD pp
- Marvel at the gilded fountains of Peterhof and gorgeous mosaics inside the Church on the Spilled Blood
- Admire the art collections of the Hermitage Museum/Winter Palace, and enjoy a panoramic boat ride
- We provide headsets for groups of 5 people and up to make sure you always hear your guide
- No hidden costs!
- Blanket visa (tour ticket)
- Professional tour guide
- Transport by A/C coach
- Entrance tickets for museums with inside visits
- Shopping (if time permits)
- Russian food market/Grocery store
- Shared boat ride
- Nevsky prospect
According to the Russian legislation a licensed tour operator has the right to arrange visa-free tours for cruise passengers arriving to St. Petersburg port. TJ Travel is an officially registered tour operator authorized to issue blanket visas. You will receive your free blanket visas (tour tickets) through email once you book a shore excursion with us. Please ignore warnings from your cruise ship company indicating that only a cruise ship company is allowed to run visa-free tours in St. Petersburg. Warnings/notifications of that kind don’t have any legitimate basis.
Please note you must print your blanket visas received via email from TJ Travel and bring it along with your passports each day of your tour. Blanket visas and your passports should be presented to an immigration officer on duty during disembarkation/embarkation in St. Petersburg.
All private tours for 2020 require a 20% prepayment after January 1st. The deposit is non-refundable in case you cancel in less than 72 hours before the start time of the tour. Please note that theatre, folk show and train tickets are non-refundable. There are no refunds for no-show.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. All payments are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; payments are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of a no-show, no refund is granted.
- Please ensure to make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance, and the bookings sent in less than 4 days prior to arrival will be rejected.
- This tour doesn't include an adapted vehicle with an access ramp or lift. Please inquire about availability and the extra cost, if needed
- Please note that in case the Hermitage museums is overcrowded, museum authorities may limit the entrance which cause an extra waiting time – up to 30 min.
Tips and Discounts
- Children under 7 y.o. are free of charge. Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 30 USD off the tour price. Students of 18+ must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
Meeting by the ship (please note the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship’s arrival time)
8:30 am - 10:00 am
See the most famous landmarks including:Peter&Paul Fortress, St. Isaac’s Cathedral (photo-stop), Admiralty, Neva river, Menshikov Palace, Sphinx at the Academy of Fine Arts, Bronze Horseman, English Embankment, Wedding Registration Palace №1, etc.
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Guided walking tour of Peterhof Fountain Park
Explore the Lower Garden of the former royal residence where the most ambitious plans of the emperors were implemented in numerous fountains and cascades. The main decoration of the garden is the Grand Cascade, considered to be one of the best fountain creations of the past. Walk through the paths of the garden and reach the coastline with a splendid view of St. Petersburg.
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Lunch (expenses are not included)
You will be served a 3-course meal, including tea/coffee in a restaurant/café.
2:15 pm - 3:15 pm
Drive to the city
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm
Visit to a Russian food market/grocery store. Shopping
Visiting a grocery store or a food market is one of the best ways to learn how locals live and what their food habits are. Get a taste of local life and see what’s the average Russian’s daily routine looks like.
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Shared Boat ride along the rivers and canals
A boat ride can enhance your experience as you are able see the city from a different angle and enjoy the most stunning views of the former Russian capital the way it was conceived by St Petersburg architects – from the water. You will sail under famous St. Petersburg draw bridges and explore the city’s waterways.
Return to the ship or optional evening program
Meeting by the ship
8:30 am – 10:00 am
Continuation of the city tour
The tour will proceed with panoramic sightseeing and photo-stops at historical sights of St. Petersburg.
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (early admission)*
The Hermitage tour includes Winter Palace Staterooms, Italian High Renaissance art, Rembrandt's paintings, etc.
*In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot.
12:15 pm - 12:45 pm
Guided tour of the Church on the Spilled Blood
Church on the Spilled Blood is one of the most visited landmarks and a symbol of the city. Beautiful mosaics that cover the walls of the church attract visitors from all over the world. The unusual history of the church will reveal the tragic fate of a Russian tsar - Alexander II.
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Lunch (expenses are not included)
2:15 pm - 3:15 pm
Highlights of Nevsky prospect including Eliseevsky store and Kazan Cathedral (outside)
You will stop at Ostrovsky square and get inside Eliseevsky store where you can indulge in delicacies, chocolate, caviar - all in a splendid art nouveau ambience of the century-old food hall. The next stop is at the Kazan Cathedral that is reminiscent of St. Peter’s Cathedral in Rome by its monumental colonnade opening up to the main city’s street.
Return to the ship
The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
- Admission to all museums in the program
- Professional guidefor 2 days
- A/C vehicle (Mercedes or VW) with driver for 2 days
- Photo/video permit at the museums
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- Bottled water
- Shared Boat ride
- Headsets for groups of 5+
Price doesn’t include:
- Lunches. It's recommended to add lunch if your group is 8 people+. The additional cost is $20 per person per 1 lunch/ or $30 per person per 1 lunch in an upscale restaurant
- Tips (recommended tips for the guide: 10% of the tour cost, for the driver: 5% of the tour cost)
- One-way hydrofoil ride to Peterhof - 15 USD per person
- Peter and Paul Fortress - 10 USD per person
- Catherine Palace – upon request
|The number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20|
|Price in USD p/p||700||450||360||300||290||270||255||235||219||206||196||187||180||173||168||163||162||161||159||157|
|The number of people||21||22||23||24||25||26||27||28||29||30||31||32||33||34||35||36||37||38||39||40|
|Price in USD p/p||155||153||151||149||147||145||143||141||139||137||136||135||134||133||132||131||130||129||128||127|