Three-Day Moscow Excursion
278/251 USD pp
During this three day program...
- See the most prominent square in Moscow - the Red Square and find out the true origin of its name.
- Learn about the Lenin Mausoleum (inside visit upon request during working hours), and have a stroll in the luxurious Department Store “GUM”.
- Visit the largest Orthodox Cathedral in Russia “Cathedral of Christ the Savior”.
- Enjoy the best known Moscow highlights - Memorial park of WWII, the Moscow Film Studio, New Arbat Street, the White House, New Arbat Street, the State Library, the Ministry of Defense, and Manezh Square, Bolshoi Theatre etc.
- Get inside the Kremlin to see cannons which were saved as trophies, the biggest bell and the biggest cannon in the world, visit the Dormition Cathedral, the place where Russian tzars were crowned and see old Russian palaces. Visit the Armoury Museum or the Diamond Fund
- Visit Tretyakov Art Gallery to see Russian art
- Take a metro ride to enjoy its most beautiful decorations designed during Soviet times.
- Visit the grounds of Sergiev Posad’s monastery, The Holy Trinity Lavra and other cathedrals. Hear some fascinating stories about monks and what happened in the monastery during Soviet times.
- Visit underground monk prayer cells in a men's monastery
Inside visits of:
- Armoury Museum
- Tretyakov Art Gallery
- Romanov palace. Kolomenskoye park
- Underground monk cells
DAY 1, WALKING TOUR, NO CAR
|9:00 am - 12.00 pm||Meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel
Metro Tour. Metro/walk to the city center. Walking Tour. Red Square, St Basil Cathedral* (exterior only) – famous church with colorful domes, GUM, Lenin Mausoleum (no entrance) etc
|12.00 pm - 1.00 pm||Lunch (optional)|
|1:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Kremlin Grounds. Armoury Museum or Diamond Fund Tour**|
|5:00 pm||Return to hotel or other location in the city by metro|
DAY 2, CAR ALL DAY
|9:00 am - 12.00 pm||Meet your guide and driver in the lobby of your hotel
City tour includes Cathedral of Christ the Savior – Russia’s main Orthodox church, New Arbat Street, Stalin’s Sky Scrapers, New Maiden’s Convent (exterior), Victory Park, White House, Sparrow Hills
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||Lunch (optional)|
|1:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Tretyakov Art Gallery|
|5:00 pm||Return to hotel by car|
DAY 3, CAR ALL DAY, SERGIEV POSAD
|8:00 am||Meet your guide and driver in the lobby, of your hotel|
|9:30 am - 10.00 pm||Arrival to Sergiev Posad|
|10:00 am - 11.00 am||Guided tour of the Sergiev Posad’s monastery|
|11.15 am - 12.00 pm||Underground monk cells|
|12:15 pm - 1:15 pm||Lunch (optional)|
|3.00||Return to Moscow|
Order of days may change if Day 1 falls on Thursday
* ticket to St Basil is not included
**Please, note that the Armoury Museum is available based on ticket availability.
|The number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|PRICE per person in USD||2016||1134||821||663||572||508||453||431||397||370||347||330||313||300||289||278|
- Excursions as per the itinerary (individual licensed English speaking guide)
- Entrance tickets (all admission fees, local guides with permissions are included)
- Individual transportation services on the route (A/C car, professional driver) on Day 2, Day 3
- Guide service as per the program above
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips for guide (10% of the tour cost) and driver (5% of the tour cost)
- Matrioshka Factory (1 hour) – here you will take a tour showing the production of the most well known Russian souvenir, Matrioshka. After the tour you’ll have a chance to paint your own nesting doll and take it back home with you.
- Russian Bells (1 hour) – this exhibition displays old and modern bells of different sounds and shapes. This 1,5 hour tour gives you a chance to learn all about bells and their miraculous melodies. (tour will be translated by your tour guide)