Helsinki Highlights and Old Town of Porvoo
up to 26 pax
- Discover the medieval town of Porvoo and taste Brunberg chocolate
- Learn all about the nation who uses saunas more often than cars
- Find out about the unique system of environmental protection in Finland
- Visit the unusual Rock church carved out of solid rock
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Free time in the Old Town of Porvoo (time permitting)
- Top Attractions: Rock Church, Senate Square, Helsinki Cathedral, Sibelius Monument, Market Square, Porvoo Cathedral
Inside visits of
- Rock Church (optional)
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Helsinki.
- Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Available from selected cruise ships
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- A visit to the Rock Church cannot be guaranteed due to occasional religious services and other private events.
The meeting point is located outside the port area. Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. Recommended tips: 8 EUR to your tour guide, 4 EUR to your driver
08:30 am - 12:30 pm
Meeting by the ship (outside the port area). The exact start time will be adjusted to your cruise ship’s arrival
Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time.
10:00 am - 12:30 am
Drive around the city center stopping by Sibelius monument and the famous Rock Сhurch, and drive to an old merchant town - Porvoo
12:30 pm - 02:00 pm
Walking tour, free time and a coffee break opportunity in Porvoo
Return to the port
Your guide will pick you up at the port and take you for a drive towards the city center of Helsinki. You will see Helsinki Cathedral at the Senate Square, drive by the University of Helsinki , Presidential Palace, Market square, Finlandia Hall, the National Museum, Helsinki central station and other must-sees of the city. During this panoramic vehicle tour you will visit the Rock Church and walk around the unusual Sibelius monument. Both are considered the top highlights of Helsinki. The Rock Church is a popular place for concerts —it is carved out of solid rock and roofed with a copper dome, which creates a beautiful acoustic effect. It’s also often booked for wedding ceremonies. Next we invite you to take a stroll along Esplanade boulevard, the main shopping street, favourite among locals. Then we set off towards the medieval Porvoo.
A 30-mile picturesque drive through countryside will get you to the second oldest city in Finland that keeps its enchanting atmosphere and medieval outlook. Take a walk through narrow streets of the old town and learn about its history. Red-coloured store houses at the river and Porvoo Cathedral still remind us about the golden age of Porvoo — it was founded almost 800 years ago and served as a local trading center. This town is famous for a Brunberg chocolate shop that attracts all chocolate lovers around. This small town has an attractive shopping area with a great variety of original Finnish art, candles, sweets, designer clothes etc. You will have some free time to look around and buy some souvenirs or enjoy a quick coffee break in a local family café before heading back to the port.
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
*The special price is available when you book a St. Petersburg tour with us. The regular price of the tour is $100 per person.
- Professional English speaking guide for 5 hours
- Transportation in an A/C vehicle for 5 hours
- Pick up and drop off in the harbor
Price doesn’t include:
- Admission fee to the Rock Church
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)