Klaipeda Walking tour
Adults/Children Price from
21/19 USD pp
- Enjoy a walking tour in Klaipeda Old Town
- See the best monuments and statues hidden in the narrow streets of the Old Town
- Visit the Amber Queen museum displaying a great collection of antique amber
- Transport by A/C coach
- Professional Tour Guide
- Top Attractions: Old Town of Klaipeda, Chain bridge, Klaipeda castle, Theatre Square, Drama theatre, Amber Queen museum, etc.
Inside visits of
- Amber Queen museum
Visa or tour tickets are not required for US and EU citizens in order to disembark in Klaipeda
- A 50% deposit must be paid at the time of reservation. The remaining balance is due upon your arrival to St. Petersburg. In St. Petersburg you can either pay in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card;
- Full payment is required when you book a Baltic excursion without St. Petersburg;
- After completing your online payment, you will get a payment confirmation.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Deposits are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your tour; deposits are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted. Once you’ve paid for your tour (package) in St. Petersburg, no refund is available.
Availability and Notes
- Please inquire availability at least 48 hours prior to your ship's arrival to the port.
- Please, note that the tour schedule will be adjusted based on the arrival time of your ship.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair or mobile scooter, please, contact us for further details.
- This excursion includes a walking tour and stairs climbing. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case.
Please, make sure to read disembarkation instructions sent through email with other documentation.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 10% off the tour price.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
7:30 – 10:30 am
Meeting by the ship. The exact meeting time will be specified on your confirmation letter
Please note: the timing of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time
08:00 – 08:10 am
Walking to the Old Town
08:10 – 10:00 am
Guided tour in Klaipeda Old Town
10:00 – 10:50 am
Excursion in Amber Queen gallery
10:50 – 11:00 am
Walking to the ship or free time in Old City
Please, note that the tour order and the time spent at each venue may vary.
You will be met by your tour guide at the cruise terminal near the statue of a boy waiving to all coming travelers. After crossing the Chain bridge you will approach the site of the former Klaipeda castle to see its ruins, and learn interesting facts about the ancient roots of the city. The next stop is the Theater Square, the very heart of Klaipeda. It‘s named after the Drama theater that played an important role in the cultural life of the city. In front of the theatre there is a monument to "Ann from Tharau" who was a ladylove of one German poet. There are more unusual sculptures and monuments that you will discover during your walking tour, including "the mysterious mouse", "the cat with the face of a gentleman", a chimney sweeper, etc. The city was well fortified in the past and you will see the best preserved part of the former fortification complex on Jonas Hill. The impressive system of bastions and ravelins was once one of the largest and most complex in Europe. The Amber Queen museum is another treasure of Klaipeda that displays rare pieces of amber, inclusions, a great collection of antique amber and some beautiful objects of art. After the end of the tour, you can get some recommendations on where to taste traditional dishes or what else to see in the Old Town..
- English speaking guide for 3 hours; other languages are available upon request
- Pick up in the port
- Entrance fee to the the Amber Queen museum
Price doesn’t include:
- Drop off in the port
- Tips (recommended tips for guide: 10% of the tour cost, for driver: 5% of the tour cost)
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16|
|Price per person in USD||175||92||65||51