Rostock & Molli Train
180/162 USD pp
up to 16 pax
Your private guide and vehicle will take you on a journey to the city of Rostock and the Baltic coast, where you will enjoy beautiful landscapes and bustling promenades.
Explore the old town of Rostock with its market square, city wall and the university (15 cent.) as well as the Holy Cross Monastery. The astronomical clock in the church of St. Marien can’t leave you untouched - it’s more than 500 years old! At noon you will have a chance to try an authentic German snack in a restaurant or “beergarden” before heading to the coast. Your next stop is the medieval abbey of Doberan with its magnificent original interior. Go back in time and enjoy its architectural design and artistic works of the monks. Actually the town of Bad Doberan was a popular summer residence of the Duke of Mecklenburg. The square in the middle of the town is surrounded by historic villas. And to make it even a more fun experience you will be offered to take a ride on the Molli train bringing you to the coast. You will get to a lively beach resort of Kuehlungsborn, with its nice promenade, shops, hotels and cafés. After having a relaxing stroll to see the old villas in so called “spa style” build around the turn of the 20th cent. you will enjoy a piece of cake and a coffee with a breathtaking view over the sea and the promenade. After this last stop, you will be brought back to to the port.
9:00 am - meet at pier with bus and guide, drive to Rostock
9:30 am - panoramic tour of Rostock by bus and on foot
11:00 am - visit St. Marien church/or some time at leisure
11:45 pm - transfer to lunch venue and lunch snack incl. 1 drink
Restaurant/ beergarden, for ex. sausages with sauerkraut and 1 beer/ soft drink. Veggie option available.
1:00 pm - transfer to Bad Doberan and inside visit to Doberan abbey
2:30 pm - approx. ride on Molli Steam train to Kuehlungsborn
3:15 pm - panoramic drive through Kuehlungsborn
3:45 pm - time at leisure
5:00 pm - return transfer to Warnemuende
5:45 pm - arrive back at ship
All times are approximate times and will be adapted to the docking times of the ship.
- small group excursion (min. 6/ max. 18 participants)
- comfortable pace with moderate walking and van/bus at service
- local specialities including a culinary experience
- from history and architecture to landscape and lifestyle
Booking/Cancellation conditions for this tour:
- A minimum group size of 6 guests is needed to run this tour. The max. group size will be 16. If the minimum number of participants is not reached until 14 days prior to the tour date, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation
- Tour is not suitable for wheelchair users (Molli train is not handicapped friendly).
The price is $180 per person if you book a St Petersburg tour with us!*
- English speaking tour guide
- entrance to St. Marien church and abbey Doberan
- ride on the Molli steam train
- lunch incl. 1 drink
*The regular price for the group tour is $ 210 per person.