MSC One Day Excursion
145/130 USD pp
up to 16 pax
Available for MSC Poesia and Meraviglia passengers on Thursdays. For passengers arriving to St. Petersburg on other days we offer One Day Excursion
- Explore the Fountain Park in Peterhof
- Get inside the Church on the Spilled Blood to see its unique mosaics
- Discover art collections and the State rooms in the Hermitage museum
- Blanket Visa (Tour Ticket)
- Transport by A/C coach and hydrofoil
- Professional Tour Guide
- Subway visit
- Time for shopping (time permitting)
- Top Attractions: Peterhof (Lower Park), Hermitage, Church on the Spilled Blood, St Isaac’s Cathedral, Nevsky Prospekt, etc.
According to the Russian legislation a licensed tour operator has the right to arrange visa-free tours for cruise passengers arriving to St. Petersburg port. TJ Travel is an officially registered tour operator authorized to issue blanket visas. You will receive your free blanket visas (tour tickets) through email once you book a shore excursion with us. Please ignore warnings from your cruise ship company indicating that only a cruise ship company is allowed to operate visa-free tours in St. Petersburg. Warnings/notifications of that kind don’t have any legitimate basis.
To join our tours you must print out blanket visas received via email from TJ Travel and bring it along with your passport on the day of your tour. Blanket visas and your passports should be presented to an immigration officer on duty during disembarkation/embarkation in St. Petersburg.
Payment can be made either upon your arrival to St. Petersburg or any time prior to the date of your tour. In St. Petersburg you can either pay for your package (tour) in cash (only Rubles are accepted) or by credit card.
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. All payments are fully refundable 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour; payments are non-refundable within 72 hours prior to the date of your (first) tour. In case of no-show, no refund is granted.
- Available only for MSC Poesia and Meraviglia passengers on Thursdays.
- Please, note that this tour is not available from cruise ships staying in St. Petersburg for 2-3 days.
- Please ensure to make your booking at least 4-5 days prior to your ship's arrival to St. Petersburg. The port authorities require all passport information in advance, and the bookings sent in less than 4 days prior to arrival will be rejected.
- Not accessible for people with limited mobility. In case you are traveling with a wheelchair, mobile scooter or a walking frame please consider taking a private tour.
- The tour includes one lunch that will be in a local cafe or restaurant. Please let us know if you have any food restrictions
- If the hydrofoil ride is canceled due to the unfavorable weather conditions it is not refunded: we use our van instead to get to/from Peterhof
- Please, note that in case the Hermitage museums is overcrowded, museum authorities may limit the entrance which cause an extra waiting time – up to 30 min.
Tips and Discounts
- Children (7 - 17 y.o.)/students get 15 USD off the tour price. Students must have an ISIC card, otherwise the discount is not available.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason, but it is always up to you!
MSC One Day Excursion*
Meeting at the ship (please, note the start time of the tour will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time)
City tour includes driving and photo stops in the most beautiful, historical places in St Petersburg..
You will see: Nevsky Prospekt, National Library, Kazan Cathedral, the Square of Arts, Russian Museum, Ethnographical Museum, Michael’s Castle, Summer Gardens of Peter the Great, the Spit of Basil Island, The State St Petersburg University, the Monument of Peter the Great, Admiralty. Shopping, payment for the tour.
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (early admission)..
In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot
Guided tour of the Church on Spilt Blood
Hydrofoil to Peterhof
Stroll along the Fountain park
Back to the city by car with a subway visit
Return to the ship
*The order of museum visits and the time spent at each venue may vary depending on ticket availability, museums’ days-off, and the traffic situation in the city.
- Admission fees to all museums in the program
- Guide’s services for 1 day
- Driver’s services for 1 day (comfortable car (Mercedes or VW)/mini van with A/C)
- A permit for photo/video at the museums per couple
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Blanket visa
- Bottled water
Price doesn’t include:
- Tips for guide (10% of the tour cost) and driver (5% of the tour cost)