If you are traveling on a cruise ship docking in the port of Kiel, this shared shore excursion will be perfect for you!
Explore this beautiful city on our bus tour, complemented by a professional local guide in Hamburg.
This shore excursion is adjusted to each ship’s docking times and starts promptly after your vessel’s arrival, returning with plenty of time to spare before its departure. Our expert team has been organizing these tours for nearly a decade. We have never missed a cruise ship’s departure and imparted our knowledge and enthusiasm for our unique and beautiful city to thousands of satisfied passengers!
Your hosts will greet you in front of your cruise ship as soon as it docks and show you to a comfortable, air-conditioned bus. After a relaxing, comfortable journey, you will arrive in Hamburg and meet your professional English-speaking tour guide.
An experienced local guide will meet you upon your arrival, share insight into the local history; and take you to the most prominent places in Hamburg. This Hanse City is not only the most beautiful port city in Germany but also the richest in the country. It was badly damaged by bombings during WWII but has become the second most exciting city in Germany next to Berlin! In the 1960s the Star Club became famous as the Beatles venue and today the legendary nightlife area is famous for its bars and Red Light District. During the day, the area around the old city with its picturesque canals is one of the nicest high-end shopping areas in all of Germany. The two lakes in the heart of the old city, the Binnen and Aussenalster give the city a natural aquatic beauty.
On our tour, you will enjoy a stroll through the historic heart of Hamburg and see the stunning Town Hall while learning about the role of Hamburg in the Hanseatic League. We will also visit the St Nikolai Church, still a burnt-out shell of a church, and hear about the near-total destruction of the city during World War II.
Afterward, we will explore the oldest street in Hamburg, Deichstrasse, and cross over the Trost bridge in the heart of the Medieval City. Close by is the Elbe River and the scenic Landungsbrucke river walk. From here we will head over to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Speicherstadt where goods coming in and out of the city were once stored, and the Hafencity, the newest area of the city where the Elbphilharmonie today stands as an architectural wonder for all to see.
After the tour, you will have 1 hour to explore the city on your own, do souvenir shopping and get lunch. At the end of the visit, our bus will bring you back to the port, with at least 1.5 hours to spare before its departure.
- This tour requires a minimum of 20 passengers to operate. If the minimum number of passengers is not reached, the tour will be canceled 10 days ahead and a full refund will be provided.
- This tour is not suitable for passengers with mobility scooters or traveling with wheelchairs. Only light, foldable wheelchairs can be accommodated, but please note the pace of the tour is moderate.
- Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages and for lunch. Please ask our tour guide in Hamburg to arrange for a stop at an ATM if you do not have EUR with you. US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
- Your bus driver may not speak English, in case of any questions please call our emergency number +49 176 322 67 204
- Our bus, unfortunately, will not be able to wait for you if you are late and do not contact us. In such cases, we will not be able to provide a refund.
- The route of the tour and time spent in Hamburg is subject to the ship’s docking times, traffic, special events, and any other circumstances out of our control. Please note we will not be able to provide a refund if the touring time has to be shortened because of any of the above